Other Trading Names:
- 2-Hydroxypropyl 2-Methacrylate
- Beta-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate
- Poly (2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate)
- 2-Hydroxypropyl 2-Methyl-2-Propenoate
Types of Packaging
- Plastic drums with 25 kg weight capacity per drum.
- Plastic drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.
|1.029 g/cm3 at 25 °C(lit)
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is an organic chemical. It is an ester of methacrylic acid. It is a very useful chemical substance that is produced on a large scale by the addition of propylene oxide to methacrylic acid with a catalyst base and its chemical formula is C7H12O3. It is a categorised as a functional hydrophobic hydroxy monomer. It is also known as an enoate ester.
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate has the appearance of a clear and colourless liquid. Its vapours are heavier than air. It is a combustible substance and is slightly denser than water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate or 2HPMA is an extremely useful chemical and thus, has many significant applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is most commonly consumed as a raw material in the production of solid and emulsion polymers. It forms a homopolymer and copolymers.
- It is used in the production of low molecular weight organic compounds.
- It is largely used in the production of acrylic polyols for vehicle parts, refurbishment coatings and industrial scale coatings.
- It is also used as a co-monomer in unsaturated polyesters that are styrene based.
- It is extremely useful as a hydrophobic hydroxy monomer in the production of sealants.
- It is also extensively used for the production of flexible UV curable photopolymer printing plates.
- It is employed in the production of automotive and architectural coatings.
- It is utilised in the plastic industries for the large-scale production of plastics and plastic products.
- It is effectively put to use in the manufacturing of hygiene and cleaning products such as laundry detergents, soaps, degreasers, and stain removers etc.
- It is beneficial for use in the production of general adhesives and sealants.
- In the textile industries, it is used in the manufacturing of textile finishes.
- It is consumed for the production of light sensitive materials.
- In the process of oil production and transportation it is used as an essential additive.
- It is used in the production of dental filling material.
- It is used as a monomer for acrylic resins.
- It is used in the production of modifiers used for various purposes.
- It is used in the production of lubricants such as for engines, brake fluids and oils etc.
- It is used for elastomers and for laminating resins.
- It is also used as a monomer for nonwoven fabric binder.
- It is used in the manufacturing of rubber and its products.
- It is used in the production of process regulators such as accelerators, activators, oxidation agents, and reduction agents etc.
Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate