Frequently Asked Question about Triethanolamine
What is Triethanolamine?
Triethanolamine, also known as Trolamine or TEA, is an organic compound containing carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen. It's a chemical with three alcohol functional groups that's used as Industrial Chemical.
What is Triethanolamine used for?
The following are the key strengths and applications of Triethanolamine:
- Triethanolamine is commonly used in the production of surfactants, such as emulsifiers.
- Many cosmetics and personal care items contain it.
- In cosmetic manufacture, TEA is also used to buffer the ph.
- It's used to neutralize fatty acids and provide the emulsified system with more stability.
- It can be used to modify and solubilize oils and other chemicals that aren't soluble in water.
- It's utilized as an anti-corrosion agent.
- It's found in a variety of detergents and cleansers.
- Many agricultural chemicals include it as well.
- It's used to sweeten gas.
- It's utilized in the production of urethane foam as a catalyst.
What is the Chemical Formula of Triethanolamine?
The molecular formula of is Triethanolamine is C₆H₁₅NO₃.
Is Triethanolamine harmful to life?
When skin and eyes are exposed to Triethanolamine, it can cause irritation and possibly serious eye problems as it is a hazardous eye irritant. It is also mutagenic to mammalian somatic cells and has the potential to damage organs like the kidney, liver, and skin.
Where is Triethanolamine found? What does Triethanolamine look like?
In the industry, triethanolamine is made by reacting ethylene oxide with aqueous ammonia in the correct stoichiometry.
Triethanolamine 85 percent is a colorless to yellowish liquid that has an ammonia-like odor.
What are the Hazardous effects of Triethanolamine?
- Triethanolamine is typically stable in normal conditions, although it can catch fire at high temperatures or when there are fire sources nearby.
- The substance is also carcinogenic and is considered dangerous.
- Storage, handling, and disposal must all be done by a trained professional to minimize undesirable effects.
What are precautionary measures necessary to be taken to handle Triethanolamine?
The following precautions should be adopted while working with this chemical:
- When working with this chemical, personal safety equipment, particularly face protection to avoid inhalation, is required.
- When working with this substance, avoid eating, drinking, and smoking. Storage must be done in a container that is tightly sealed.
- Furthermore, acid chloride and other strong oxidizing agents should be kept away from this compound.
What will happen if Triethanolamine is heated?
When heated, Triethanolamine decomposes, releasing poisonous gases and vapors.
Is Triethanolamine a soluble compound?
Triethanolamine 85% is completely soluble in water. It is also soluble in ethanol, acetone, glycerine, and ethylene glycol.
Where can I buy Triethanolamine?
Triethanolamine is available for sale at Camachem. If you need a significant quantity, these chemicals can be supplied in an Iron drum with a 200kg weight capacity per drum. Camachem has been directly supplying Triethanolamine to customers around the globe.
How much does Triethanolamine cost?
The price usually depends on the cost of raw materials, logistics, and other industrial inputs. The price per tonne is approximately $1000.00
What is the PH of Triethanolamine?
Triethanolamine is a basic substance with a pH of about 10.
Is Triethanolamine an Electrolyte compound?
Triethanolamine is not an electrolytic compound since it does not decompose into ions.
Can Triethanolamine go down the drain?
Triethanolamine degrades slowly and has the potential for bioaccumulation. As a result, it should not be flushed or discarded with other usual garbage. It should be disposed of in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
What is the difference between Triethanolamine and Neopentyl Glycol?
The appearance, availability, and manufacturing techniques of these two compounds are radically different. Triethanolamine is a yellowish liquid with a noticeable odor, whereas Neopentyl Glycol is a white crystalline solid with no odor. Similarly, the ways in which these two compounds are used different.