Best Chemicals for Froth Flotation
What is Froth Flotation?
Froth floatation is the process that involves separating hydrophobic substances from hydrophilic ones. It is a method that was first used by the mining industry. After many years, it was adopted for mineral processing, waste-water treatment, and paper recycling. The process is considered one of the most successful technologies of the 21st century.
The process enhances the recovery of valuable minerals during the mining process. It is the most effective method for upgrading and recovering Sulfide ores. This process can also retrieve important minerals such as lead-bearing and copper-bearing minerals. Mechanized mining has also been adopted to get good-grade metals from lower-grade ore.
The froth floatation process involves the use of many chemicals. There are chemicals known as collectors whose function is essentially to trap ores. The collectors are mostly anionic sulfur ligands and Xanthate salts.
There is also another group of chemicals called Frothers. They are responsible for stabilizing the foam in the floating process. The Frothers can be pine oil, polyglycols, or alcohol.
Another set of chemicals called modifiers is used to optimize the separating process. The modifier chemical reacts with the collector to enhance the floatation response. Common modifiers are caustic soda, hydrochloric acid, phosphate, carbonate, starch, and glue.
List of best chemicals for Froth Flotation
There is a long list of chemicals used in the froth floatation process. Meanwhile, the following are the most prominent of all.
- Activated Carbon
- Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid
- Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid
- Calcium Carbide
- Oxalic Acid
- Potassium Amyl Xanthate
- Sodium Cyanide
- Sodium Ethyl Xanthate
1. Activated Carbon
Activated Carbon is known as a group of porous Carbon. It mostly appears in a crystalline black color that makes it look like charcoal. Although the appearance sometimes depend on the process of the activation. It has varying mesh sizes also. The chemical is produced from sources that are rich in Carbon.
Chemical application of Activated Carbon
Activated Carbon is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry due to its wide variety of industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is an active chemical used in the cyanidation process, which involves mining gold from ore containing cyanide.
- It is also used to remove contaminated agents from liquids and gasses. It can be used for water purification and to remove pollutants from industrial gasses.
- It is further used in the various methods of gold extraction as it is very good for easier gold adsorption.
What are the different types of Activated Carbon?
There are three types of Activated Carbon, and they are all available for sale. They are:
- Activated Carbon CTC 55 8 X 16 Mesh
- Activated Carbon CTC 55 6x12 Mesh
- Activated Carbon CTC 50 8x16 Mesh
2. Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid
Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid.
Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid is a good chemical that can act as a collector in the froth floatation process. It is a dark red chemical in a viscous liquid form. It has a fair odor that is not as sharp as other chemicals. The chemical will solidify when the temperature is lower than 15°C.
Chemical application of Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid
Due to its wide variety of industrial applications, alkyl hydroxamic acid is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry. It is a strong collector in mining and other froth floatation processes. It is a strong collector in mining and other froth floatation processes. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is very active in mining as a string collector for extracting ferrous and non-ferrous metals that are difficult to extract by other collectors.
- It serves as a strong floater for fine cassiterite when in alkaline conditions.
- It works great with wolframite, titanic iron, niobium ores, copper oxide ores, and hematite as a collector.
- It serves as a floatation agent with metallic oxides and oxidized sulfide.
We have Alkyl Hydroxamic Acid 60% available for sale at Camachem.
3. Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid
Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid.
Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid is another good collector and a floating agent in froth floatation. It is a powder flake shape with a pink color. It has a subtle and faint odor. It is soluble in water and some other organic solutions.
Chemical application of Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid
Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry due to its wide variety of industrial applications. The chemical is a very strong collector and floating agent in froth floatation. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is a strong collector for extracting metallic ores, which are difficult to extract. It is very effective in extracting wolframite, tinstone, scheelite, and smithsonite.
- When used as an anionic collector, the chemical can be used in the floatation process of tungsten, iron, and other rare earth minerals.
- It is efficient in splitting ilmenite from gangue minerals.
- It can serve as a substitute for oleate as a floatation agent.
- It enhances the floatation of wolframite by lead cations as a collector.
We have Benzyl Hydroxamic Acid for sale at Camachem.
4. Calcium Carbide
Calcium Carbide is also known as Calcium Acetylide. It is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula CaC2. The chemical appears colorless in its pure form but has a brown or gray color in its technical grade form. It has an unpleasant odor, similar to garlic odor. The chemical reacts violently with water.
Chemical Applications of Calcium Carbide
Calcium Carbide is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry due to its wide variety of industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- In froth floatation, it is used with calcium phosphide to float and ignite naval signal flares.
- It is efficient in desulfurizing irons. It can also act as a fuel to change the scrap ratio to liquid iron.
- It is used as an effective deoxidizer in ladle treatment facilities.
- It can act as a mole repellant and determine the amount of moisture in the soil.
- Calcium Carbide reacts with Nitrogen to produce Calcium cyanamide.
We have Calcium Carbide for sale on Camachem.
5. Oxalic Acid
Oxalic acid can appear either as anhydrous or as a dihydrate. The anhydrous form does not have any water crystallization, while the dihydrate form has water molecules in it. The chemical usually appears in white. It is odorless and soluble in water.
Chemical application of Oxalic Acid
Oxalic acid Is a particularly efficient chemical compound in mining and metallurgy, as the chemical can be used to remove metal particles from slurries. You can also use it to separate rare earth metals from their ores effectively. The chemical is a very strong chemical with wide applications across different industries. Its other applications and strengths are:
- It can be used to polish marble. It can also remove rust from wood, leather, and aluminum products.
- In pharmaceutical companies, the chemical is used to prepare oxytetracycline, tetracycline, and borneol.
- It is used as a reducing agent in the dyeing process in the printing industry as well.
- It is used for making electronic equipment detergents and for aluminum anodizing.
We have Oxalic Acid 99% for sale at Camachem.
Dithiophosphate is made from lead, copper, zinc sulfide ore(activated), and silver sulfide ore. It is a dark substance with a black-brown color. It has a pungent odor, and it is very corrosive with acute dangers. It is sparingly soluble in water, and it is highly flammable.
Chemical application of Dithiophosphate
Due to its wide variety of industrial applications, Dithiophosphate is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry. The chemical is useful in the floatation process and is very active in separating metal ores. Its main applications and strengths are:
- The chemical is used in the floatation test, including different collectors.
- It is an effective collector for strong oxidizing ores.
- It is used for the separation of lead ore and zinc ore.
- Rubber-making companies make use of it in the rubber-making process. It is also used in the collection of foam due to its foaming property.
We have Dithiophosphate 25 for sale at Camachem.
Alt Text: Frothers for sale on Camachem.
Caption: Pine Oil.
Frothers are good chemicals used in the floatation process of both metallic and non-metallic minerals. They effectively extract iron sulfide, non-sulfide minerals, copper, lead, and zinc. They are mostly made up of terpene derivatives and monohydric alcohols. The most common Frothers are Pine oil, CC903, and CC321.
Chemical application of Frothers
Frothers are a particularly efficient chemical compounds in the chemical industry due to their wide variety of industrial applications. They are prominent chemicals in the froth floatation process. Other key applications and strengths are:
- They are efficient collectors for minerals such as zinc, lead, copper, iron Sulfide, and non-sulfide minerals.
- They are used as a collector for other minerals such as coal, talc, graphite, molybdenite, and sulfur.
- Some Frothers can use it to collect coarse pellets into concentrates, thereby increasing the metal recovery rate.
What are the different types of Frothers available?
There are three different types of Frothers available for sale. They are:
- Pine Oil 39% - 49%
- CC 903 Frothers For Sulfide Ores Flotation
- Pine Oil Replacement High Compound Alcohol Frother For Nonferrous Mines CC 321
8. Potassium Amyl Xanthate (PAX)
Potassium Amyl Xanthate (PAX).
Potassium Amyl Xanthate is an inorganic chemical that appears as a yellow or pale green substance. It can take the shape of a solid crystalline structure, a powdered form, and can also exist as a solution. It has a pungent odor similar to that of Carbon disulfide. It is highly soluble in water and is a hygroscopic chemical.
Chemical application of Potassium Amyl Xanthate (PAX)
Potassium Amyl Xanthate is a strong floatation reagent for the floatation of oxidized sulfide, copper ores, and lead. The chemical is a very strong chemical with wide applications across different industries. Its other applications and strengths are:
- It serves as an active collector for various non-ferrous metallic ores as a Xanthate.
- It is an active collector of auriferous pyrites and copper-nickel sulfide.
- PAX is also effective as a surface-active agent.
- It is used in the recovery of bulk Sulfide minerals.
We have Potassium Amyl Xanthate 90% (PAX 90%) for sale on Camachem.
9. Sodium Cyanide
Sodium Cyanide is a chemical that can appear both in a granular form and in a solid crystalline structure. It is soluble in water and may appear as a clear aqueous solution. It is white and does not have a harsh odor like other floatation agents.
Chemical application of Sodium Cyanide
Sodium Cyanide is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry due to its wide variety of industrial applications. The chemical is extremely active in the mining operation. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is one of the best chemicals used in the good mining process. It is usually used as a leaching agent to extract gold, considering the higher affinity of gold for Cyanide.
- It is usable in electroplating for surface treatment. As such, it can be used by metal hardening companies.
- It is also used in the making of herbicides.
We have Sodium Cyanide 98% for sale on Camachem.
10. Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX)
Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX).
Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX) most appear as a yellow pellet chemical. It may also be found as a yellowish powder substance. The Xanthate is in a sodium salt form of C2 alkyl ethyl alcohol. It is highly soluble in water.
Chemical application of Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX)
Sodium Ethyl Xanthate is a particularly efficient chemical compound in the chemical industry due to its wide variety of industrial applications. The chemical has most of its prominent usage in the froth floatation process. Its main applications and strengths as a flotation agent are:
- It is used as a floatation agent in mining. It is an active collector with wide usage in the copper mines.
- It is effective in the floatation of activated or hydrophobic minerals. It can be used as a floatation agent for lead, zinc, cobalt, and nickel.
- It is useful in froth floatation to separate hydrophobic and hydrophilic materials, especially in the recovery of sulfide ores.
Its other uses are:
- It is one of the best collectors of complex sulfide minerals and easily floatable minerals.
- It functions as a precipitant in hydrometallurgical processes, including zinc electrolyte refining.
- It is also used in the process of rubber sulfidation.
We have Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX) 90% for sale on Camachem.
Our customers use our chemicals to help with froth floatation and rely on Camachem to consistently supply high-quality chemicals.
Where to Buy Chemicals for Froth Flotation?
Here at Camachem, we have high-quality chemicals for froth flotation for sale at favorable prices, available for shipping worldwide!
Contact us today at [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271 to find out about how we can supply chemicals for froth flotation directly from the factory to you. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with Camachem's services, and we are ready to ship chemicals for froth flotation to the nearest port to you!