What is Ammonium Persulfate and How to Buy Ammonium Persulfate?
What is Ammonium Persulfate?
Ammonium Persulfate is an industrial chemical made up of the elements sodium, sulfur, and oxygen. It has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is highly soluble in water. Ammonium Persulfate is also known as Ammonium Peroxodisulfate and its chemical formula is (NH4)2S2O8.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the pharmaceutical industries.
Ammonium Persulfate Uses
- Ammonium Persulfate is most commonly used as an oxidising agent and a source of radicals. It is a strong oxidising agent that is used in polymer chemistry as an etchant.
- It is used as a cleaning and bleaching agent.
- It is used as a radical initiator in the polymerisation of specific alkenes. Important polymers prepared with this include styrene butadiene rubber and polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Because of its strong oxidising properties it is used to etch copper on printed circuit boards as a ferric chloride solution alternative.
- It is a common ingredient of hair bleach.
- It is used in the treatment of metal surfaces.
- It is also used for activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
- In the textile industry it is used to de-slurry and bleach specially for low temperature bleaching.
- It is used for water purification.
- It is used as a disinfectant.
- It is also used in exhaust gas treatment.
- It is used for the oxidative degradation of harmful substances like mercury.
- It is used in the paper industry for starch modification and special repulping for low temperature bleaching.
Is Ammonium Persulfate Safe?
Ammonium Persulfate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Ammonium Persulfate, it can cause skin irritation and eye irritation. It may be toxic if inhaled and can be harmful if swallowed. Proper storage and disposal of Ammonium Persulfate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Ammonium Persulfate Made?
Industrially, Ammonium Persulfate is prepared by the electrolysis of cold concentrated solution of either ammonium sulfate or ammonium bisulfate in sulfuric acid at a high current density.
Where to Buy Ammonium Persulfate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Ammonium Persulfate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Ammonium Persulfate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Ammonium Persulfate in Bulk?
The consumption of Ammonium Persulfate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Ammonium Persulfate are:
- United States of America
How is Ammonium Persulfate Exported?
Ammonium Persulfate is shipped in:
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Ammonium Persulfate Price?
As Ammonium Persulfate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Ammonium Persulfate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Ammonium Persulfate?
Here at Camachem we have Ammonium Persulfate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.