What is Dietilenoglicol and How to Buy Dietilenoglicol?
What is Dietilenoglicol?
Dietilenoglicol is an industrial chemical composed of the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It appears as a colorless liquid. It is odorless and sweet in taste. Water, alcohol, ether, acetone, and ethylene glycol are all soluble in it. Dietilenoglicol is also known as Diethylene Glycol, and its chemical formula is C4H10O3.
DEG has many significant uses, but it is popularly used in the plastic industries.
- Dietilenoglicol – DEG is most popularly used as a solvent. This method works well with resins, dyes, oils, and other organic substances.
- For manufacturing unsaturated and saturated polyester resins.
- For producing the largely used polyurethanes.
- In the making of plasticisers in the plastics industries. It's employed to render cork and synthetic sponges more pliable.
- As a humectant for tobacco, cork, printing ink, and glue.
- As a significant component of brake fluid, lubricants, wallpaper strippers, fake fog, and smoke solutions, and warming or cooking fuels.
- It is found essentially in personal care products such as skin creams, lotions, and deodorants etc.
- In the large-scale production of antifreeze, brake fluids and cigarettes.
- Acts as a dehydrating agent for natural gas.
- In the textile industry as a lubricant, coupling agent and a solvent in textile dyeing and printing.
- As an important ingredient of hydraulic fluids.
- Functions as plasticiser in the paper industry for the production of paper.
- As a raw material for the production of esters used as emulsifiers, demulsifiers, and lubricants.
- As a selective solvent for aromatics in petroleum refining.
Is Dietilenoglicol Safe?
Dietilenoglicol is generally considered unsafe because it is toxic. Any sort of contact with this chemical may have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Dietilenoglicol, contact with it can result in skin and eye inflammation and can be dangerous if ingested. Dietilenoglicol is required to be stored and disposed off well in order to avoid any serious effects.
How is Dietilenoglicol Made?
Industrially, Dietilenoglicol is prepared from the partial hydrolysis of ethylene oxide.
Where to Buy Dietilenoglicol in Bulk?
You might find small may be able to find small amounts of Dietilenoglicol in your locality. However, in order to buy great amounts of Dietilenoglicol, it is suitable to import directly from the makers. These makers can give out certifications and provide cost friendly solutions which is much more desirable than buying the chemical in small amounts locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Dietilenoglicol in Bulk?
The utilization of Dietilenoglicol has increased considerably across the world, especially in the developing countries. Thus, its immense demand has resulted in a surge in companies that make it. The main producers of Dietilenoglicol are:
- United States of America
- Saudi Arabia
How is Dietilenoglicol Exported?
Dietilenoglicol is shipped in:
- 200kg weight capacity per steel drum.
- 1000kg weight capacity per IBC drum.
What is the Latest Dietilenoglicol Price?
Dietilenoglicol is a commodity, so the price usually varies depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs like labor and taxes. To get the accurate price of Dietilenoglicol, please reach out to us and we will send a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Dietilenoglicol?
Here at Camachem Dietilinoglicol is available for sale. We provide worldwide export service, so you can get in touch with us for a FREE quotation through the email address [email protected] or send us a message on WhatsApp for a quick response at +86-131-2037-9271.