What Is Lithium Chloride and How to Buy Lithium Chloride?
What Is Lithium Chloride?
Lithium Chloride (LiCl) is a chemical compound with the formula LiCl. Despite the fact that the Li+ ion's small size provides it characteristics not found in other alkali metal Chlorides, such as remarkable solubility in polar solvents (83.05 g/100 mL water at 20 °C) and hygroscopic properties, the salt is a typical ionic compound (with some covalent aspects).
Lithium Chloride Uses
Lithium Chloride is a metal Chloride salt with the Li(+) counterion. It works as an antimanic medication. It's an inorganic Chloride and a Lithium salt. Its applications include:
- Lithium Chloride is primarily utilized in the electrolysis of a LiCl/KCl melt at 450°C (842°F) to produce Lithium metal.
- Lithium Chloride is also used as a brazing flux for aluminum in vehicle parts, as well as a desiccant for drying air streams.
- Lithium Chloride is also employed in chemical synthesis, such as an additive in the Stille reaction.
- It can also be used to precipitate RNA from cellular samples in biological applications.
- Lithium Chloride is used as an aversive agent in lab animals to study conditioned location preference and aversion.
- Lithium Chloride is also used to produce dark crimson flames as a flame colorant.
Is Lithium Chloride Safe?
Lithium salts have several effects on the central nervous system. Lithium salts like citrate, carbonate, and orotate are now used to treat bipolar disorder, although other Lithium salts like Chloride were once used. For a brief period in the 1940s, Lithium Chloride was used as a salt substitute, but it was banned once the chemical's dangerous side effects (tremors, fatigue, and nausea) were discovered.
How Is Lithium Chloride Made?
Treatment of Lithium Chloride with hydrochloric acid yields Lithium Chloride. The hydrate is heated in a stream of hydrogen Chloride to produce anhydrous LiCl.
Where To Buy Lithium Chloride in Bulk?
Lithium Chloride in small quantities may be available in your area. It is preferable, however, to acquire large amounts of Lithium Chloride directly from the producers. They may be able to provide certifications and cost savings that are preferable to buying the chemical in small quantities locally or through a distributor.
If you require bulk quantities of this chemical, you can buy Lithium Chloride on our website or contact us for further details.
Which Countries Manufacture Lithium Chloride in Bulk?
The consumption of Lithium Chloride has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. As a result of the high demand, the number of companies producing it has increased dramatically. Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate is produced primarily by the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
How Is Lithium Chloride Exported?
Lithium Chloride is shipped in:
- 25 kg/bag plastic woven bag lined with 2 layers of PE bag
- It is possible to arrange for an appropriate package term based on the amount of the buyer's order or other requirements.
Lithium Chloride Ready to be Shipped
What Is the Latest Lithium Chloride Price?
Because Lithium Chloride is a commodity, its price fluctuates based on the cost of raw ingredients, logistics, and other industrial inputs like labor and taxes. Please contact us for the most up-to-date price on Lithium Chloride, and we will give you with a quote that includes delivery to your country.
Where To Buy Lithium Chloride?
Here at Camachem we have Lithium Chloride for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.