What is Sodium Thioglycolate and How to Buy Sodium Thioglycolate?
What is Sodium Thioglycolate?
Sodium Thioglycolate is an industrial chemical made up of the element’s carbon, hydrogen, sodium, oxygen, and sulfur. Sodium Thioglycolate is also known as Sodium Mercaptoacetate and its chemical formula is C2H3NaO2S. It is a light yellowish or sometimes dark colored liquid having a strong, pungent odor.
This chemical has many industrial uses, but it is most commonly used in separation processes of mining industries.
Sodium Thioglycolate in Small Quantity
Sodium Thioglycolate Uses
- Sodium Thioglycolate is used as a mining separator, mainly in the separation processes of copper and molybdenum copper sulfide.
- It acts as a galena inhibitor.
- It is also used as a strong and effective depressant for copper sulfide.
- It is used in the flotation process to enhance the recovery rate of various precious metals.
- It is used as an acidity indicator.
- It is excellent as a fallout remover which is used in removing iron oxide residues from steel rims.
- It is also used for the softening of nails.
- Sodium Thioglycolate can also be used as a chemical depilatory.
Is Sodium Thioglycolate Safe?
Sodium Thioglycolate is generally considered safe because the chemical is non-toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the Sodium Thioglycolate MSDS, it can cause acute oral toxicity, skin irritation, and eye irritation. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Thioglycolate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
Sodium Thioglycolate 96.5% in Large Quantity
How is Sodium Thioglycolate Made?
Industrially, Sodium Thioglycolate is made by:
- The reaction of sodium chloracetate with alkali metal hydrosulfide in aqueous medium.
- The Bunte salt obtained by the reaction of sodium thiosulfate with chloroacetic acid.
Where to Buy Sodium Thioglycolate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Thioglycolate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Sodium Thioglycolate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
What drives demand for Sodium Thioglycolate?
Since Sodium Thioglycolate is relatively cheap and reliable, the main demand driver has been its effectiveness in separation processes.
How long does it typically take to produce a container load?
Typically, 1 day, but this time frame may vary slightly depending on different factors.
Sodium Thioglycolate in Shipping Containers
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Thioglycolate in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Thioglycolate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Thioglycolate are:
- United States
How is Sodium Thioglycolate Exported?
Sodium Thioglycolate is shipped in:
- IBC drum/tank with 1000kg capacity per drum/tank.
- Plastic drums with 250kg weight capacity per drum.
What is the Latest Sodium Thioglycolate Price?
As Sodium Thioglycolate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Sodium Thioglycolate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Sodium Thioglycolate ready to be shipped!
Where to Buy Sodium Thioglycolate?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Thioglycolate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.