What is Zinc Acetate and How to Buy Zinc Acetate?
What is Zinc Acetate?
Zinc Acetate is an industrial chemical formed by the elements carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and zinc. It appears as a white, crystalline solid. It is water soluble and also soluble in dilute mineral acids. Zinc Acetate is also known as Zinc (II) Acetate, and its chemical formula is ZnC4H6O4.
Zinc Acetate has many significant applications, but it is mainly used in the pharmaceutical industries.
Zinc Acetate Uses
- Zinc Acetate is most commonly used for producing dietary supplements.
- As a food additive possessing the E number E650.
- As a necessary component of lozenges that are used for treating the common cold.
- For treating zinc deficiencies.
- As a daily use dietary supplement for the prevention of copper absorption in the body.
- For manufacturing ointments, topical lotions, or antibiotics for the treatment of acne.
- In the production of anti itch ointments.
- For the effective preservation of wood.
- As a mordant in dyeing.
- For manufacturing glazes for painting on porcelain.
- As a feed additive.
- As a cross linking agent for the mass production of polymers.
- In the plastic industries for the manufacturing of plastics, plastic products, and plastic additives.
- As a raw material in a variety of products such as cosmetics, chemicals, and metals etc.
- For the production of pesticides.
- As a process regulator such as an activator, accelerator, oxidation agent, and reducing agent etc.
Is Zinc Acetate Safe?
Zinc Acetate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Dealing with this chemical may cause short term as well as long term health effects. According to the MSDS of Zinc Acetate, it is poisonous. It can cause acute oral toxicity, can cause serious eye damage or inflammation, and can be very harmful if swallowed. Zinc Acetate needs to be carefully stored and disposed off in order to avoid any serious effects.
How is Zinc Acetate Made?
Industrially, the action of acetic acid on zinc carbonate or zinc metal results in the formation of Zinc Acetate.
Where to Buy Zinc Acetate in Bulk?
You may be able to find some amount of Zinc Acetate in your locale. However, in order to buy huge amount of Zinc Acetate, it is advised to import directly from the producers. They can provide certifications and cost savings which is more suitable than buying the chemical in small quantities from a local dealer.
Which Countries Manufacture Zinc Acetate in Bulk?
The usage of Zinc Acetate has increased gradually across the globe, specifically in the developing countries. Hence, its huge demand has brought about an immense increase in companies that produce it. The main producers of Zinc Acetate are:
- United States of America
How is Zinc Acetate Exported?
Zinc Acetate is shipped in:
- 25kg weight per plastic drum.
- 25kg weight per woven bag.
What is the Latest Zinc Acetate Price?
Since Zinc Acetate is a commodity, the price usually undergoes variations depending upon the cost of raw materials, logistics, and other industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. For getting the latest and accurate price of Zinc Acetate, please reach out to us and we will provide a price quote directly to your country.
Where to Buy Zinc Acetate?
Here at Camachem we provide Zinc Acetate for sale. We provide worldwide export services, therefore you can get in touch with us for a FREE quotation through the email address [email protected] or by contacting us on WhatsApp for a quick response at +86-131-2037-9271.