What is Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol / MIBC?
What is Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol ?
Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol is a flammable, crystal clear organic chemical compound. This chemical is a liquid imitative of acetone, with a pungent odour like that of alcohol. It has specific solubility in water, but it is mixable with most organic solvents. It has a good dissolvent power for diffusing cellulose, oils, natural resins, gums and waxes. It may also be used as a dormant dissolvent within a solvent blend to adjust performance attributes for instance curing/drying and flow/viscosity.
What are the uses of Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol / MIBC?
- Used as a solvent only in industrial manufacturing processes.
- MIBC’s major application is in the manufacture of lube oil additives, (as a chemical mediator in the production of zinc)
- Mining operations (as a floating froth) especially in actively mined regions, i.e., in the mining of ores, such as copper and molybdenum sulphide, and coal.
- It helps to increase both the production and performing mineral rehabilitation attempts.
- The quality of Methyl isobutyl carbinol to make fragile effervescence results in industry–dominant technique to detach worthwhile minerals from extracted ore.
- It is also used in a compact capacity as a coating solvent.
- Used in an organic combination, mineral buoyancy, and brake fluids.
- MIBC is a dormant resolving for coating films, increasing outflow capacity and decreasing viscosity.
- Lube oils and Hydraulic Fluids
- Methyl isobutyl carbino
- Isobutyl methyl carbinol
- 1, 3-Dimethylbutanol
- Methyl amyl alcohol
- Isobutyl methyl methanol
How Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol / MIBC works as a floating froth?
The MICB mixture is primarily used to separate the desired material from the wastes through the buoyancy or floatation process, resulting in a competitively valuable yield.
Buoyancy/Floatation processes are among the most broadly used techniques/methods to separate the more valuable particles from fewer/minimal useful particles.
For instance, in a floatation process, the light particles are disseminated in water or other solutions, and small air bubbles are originated from the viscose material. The non-absorbent particles can be mainly collected on the air bubbles' surface and exit from the viscose material.
Is Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol/MIBC safe?
- This chemical cause irritation to the respiratory system
- The vapors of the chemical may cause fatigue and nausea.
- If the chemical comes into contact, it may cause moderate irritation to the skin.
- Also, its continued revelation may cause skin dryness or crack.
- If this chemical comes into contact with the eyes, it may cause moderately irritating to the eyes.
Where to buy Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol in Bulk?
You may be able to find Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol in small quantities from anywhere else. But if you want to buy large quantities of MIBC, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor. If you require bulk quantities of this chemical, you can buy Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol from Camachem.com
How is Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Stored?
- WE store MIBC in an Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) with 830 kg capacity/drum or tank
- Also steel drums with 165 kg weight capacity per drum are used to store MIBC
Where to buy Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol/MIBC?
You can buy Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol and any other chemical in bulk or your desired quantity from us. CAMACHEM is an ISO 14001:2004 certified company. Feel free to E-Mail us at [email protected] and call at +86-131-2037-9271 for free Quotations and also, for the fast delivery.
What is the latest MIBC Price?
As Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of MIBC, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.