Monthly Archives: October 2022
October 31, 2022
What is Strontium Carbonate?
Strontium Carbonate is a versatile inorganic Industrial Chemical extracted from a rare carbonated mineral called Strontianite. It’s white in color and has no taste or odor.
What is Strontium Carbonate used for?
- Strontium Carbonate has applications spanning different industries.
- It is used to manufacture frit, a fused silica and flux mixture that makes glass.
- Used for the production of crimson red flames in the fireworks industry.
- It is the raw material in pyrotechnics manufacturing.
- Used in manufacturing of CTV where it absorbs electrons from the cathode.
October 30, 2022
Bleach is a chemical compound that can be used both industrially and domestically for the cleaning of surfaces and removal of stains. It's usually a diluted sodium hypochlorite solution. It can also be commonly referred to as liquid bleach. There are two main bleaches in use; they include oxygen bleach and chlorine bleach.
On the other hand, chlorine is a chemical element with atomic number 17 and the symbol Cl. Chlorine is a yellow-green gas when at room temperature. It's the second lightest halogen and on the periodic table appears between bromine and fluorine.
Chlorine is an oxidizing agent and reacts extremely. It has the third-highest electronegativity and highest electron affinity among the elements.
Chlorine and bleach are often used for the same purposes, however, there is some significant difference between them. These differences range from their strength, chemical properties, and structures. Here in this article, we've described 5 differences that you
October 28, 2022
What is Sodium Sulfide?
Sodium Sulfide is an inorganic Industrial Chemical compound with vast industrial applications. It is an anhydrous substance with a yellowish crystalline and sharp rotten eggs-like smell.
What is Sodium Sulfide used for?
Here are the most common applications of Sodium Sulfide:
- Sodium sulfide is used in the textile industry, where it serves as a dehairing agent in pre-tanning.
- Used in sulfur dyes production.
- Used for dechlorination in the desulfurization process of bleaching.
- Effectively utilized in the Kraft process of the paper and pulp industry.
- Used in the first-stage
October 26, 2022
Calcium Carbide is a chemical made of carbon and calcium, it's a grayish-black sand-like (crystalline) substance but white when pure. The chemical formula of Calcium Carbide is (Ca(C2)). It has a garlic-like odor.
Calcium Carbide is often used as a reducing agent, in generating acetylene gas, and to manufacture steel. In ancient times, calcium Carbide was used as a source of acetylene flame in carbide lamps. Presently, these lamps are used in powering beacons and lighthouses, and for cave exploration.
Calcium Carbide can also be used in developing chemical technologies, most eminent synthetic rubber. Calcium carbide can also be used in making acetylene black, vinyl chloride, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene, acetone, synthetic raisins, and styrene. Calcium carbide is also used in metallurgy, reducing the sulfur and oxygen content(desulfuration) and deoxidizing metals. The production of Calcium carbide is now at an all-time high worldwide.
With all of these usefulness
October 24, 2022
What is PolyDADMAC?
PolyDADMAC, or Polydiallyldimethylammonium chloride, is a cationic polymer (Polyelectrolyte) that is used as an Industrial Chemical. It is known for coagulation and flocculation.
What is PolyDADMAC used for?
- An electrolyte solution in drug delivery, chemical sensors, and biomedical systems.
- It serves as flocculant in wastewater and water treatment.
- Used in mining and mineral processing to treat different mud types.
- Used as a non-formaldehyde color fixing agent in the textile industry.
- Produces conductive paper in the papermaking industry.
- Used in various domestic products like shampoos
October 23, 2022
Calcium Hypochlorite is an inorganic compound. The molecular formula of Calcium Hypochlorite is Ca(CIO)2. Its molecular weight is 142.974g/mol. It is popularly used as an active ingredient in commercial products such as chlorine powder, bleaching powder, or chlorinated lime, often used in water treatment.
Calcium hypochlorite can also be referred to as bleaching powder, chloride of lime, calcium oxychloride, and hypochlorous acid calcium salt. Calcium Hypochlorite is often used in sanitizing pools and disinfecting drinking water. It can also be used as an oxidizing agent and in the manufacture of chloroform.
Calcium Hypochlorite as useful as it can also be dangerous if not properly handled. This piece talks explicitly about the hazards associated with the chemical.
Contact with skin
Contact of Calcium Hypochlorite with the skin causes burns and irritation. Calcium Hypochlorite
October 21, 2022
What is Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate?
Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate is a synthesized inorganic special use chemical resulting from a reaction between lithium calcium hydroxide(Ca(OH)2) and carbonate (LiCO3).
Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate
What is Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate used for?
- Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate is used as the precursor in lithium and lithium bonded compounds manufacturing.
- It is most commonly used in producing active cathode material for lithium-based batteries.
- It is utilized in the production of lithium grease, which is ideal for water resistance and compatibility
October 17, 2022
What is Lithium Chloride?
Lithium chloride is an anhydrous metal salt that has a positive Lithium-ion. It is a special use chemical with versatile applications.
What is Lithium Chloride used for?
- Lithium chloride is commonly used as the primary substance to make Lithium metal via electrolysis of Lithium Chloride and Potassium Chloride at high temperatures.
- It is used as a desiccant in air dehumidifiers.
- It is used in aluminum brazing flux.
- The lithium part of the salt gives the red color in pyrotechnics.
- It is used as an antimaniac to treat bipolar disorder and other mania-related conditions.
October 14, 2022
Barium carbonate is an inorganic compound that's poorly water-soluble. It is amongst the most important compounds of barium. It is a white salt like almost every alkaline earth metal carbonate. Barium Carbonate is a white crystalline powder that's toxic when ingested. It's tasteless and odorless.
Common Names For Barium Carbonate
The most common name for Barium carbonate is Witherite. Witherite is a naturally occurring mineral. Barium Carbonate can also be referred to as barium sulfate.
Formula Of Barium Sulphate And How Is It Produced?
The chemical formula for Barium Carbonate is BaCO3. Barium carbonate is often made by treating barium sulfide with carbon dioxide between 40 to 90°C or usually sodium carbonate between 60 to 70°C.
It can also be produced by treating a barium sulfide aqueous solution with sodium carbonate. This process can also be known as the soda ash process.
Uses In Oil Industry
October 14, 2022
What is Zeolite
Zeolite is a special-use chemical that occurs naturally and can also be produced industrially. They are known as microporous and aluminosilicate minerals. The principal raw materials for producing the compound are alumina and silica.
What is Zeolite used for?
Zeolite is a beneficial chemical. It has the following uses and applications:
- Zeolite can be used as an ion-exchange bed both for domestic and commercial purification in the water purification process.
- It is used as an adsorbent and catalyst commercially and in the laboratory.
- You can use it to aid light emittance in silver, making it capable of replacing an