Camachem Exported LABSA to India Successfully: LABSA Case Study
Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonic Acid (LABSA) and its Uses
Overview of LABSA
Our client is a leading detergent supplier with headquarters in India. Our client reached out to Camachem because they wanted to acquire industrial chemicals for use in manufacturing detergents. There were many reasons that lead to this decision to be made by our client. At Camachem we were able to help our client solve obstacles including high costs while still ensuring our client with high quality chemicals of LABSA.
By choosing Camachem as their supplier, the detergent manufacturing was able to reduce their costs by 14%. In this case study we will discuss how Camachem was able to provide this for our client and how we were able to deliver high quality products to them. We will share how we were able to successfully ship LABSA to India.
Problems Faced in LABSA
The chemicals had previously been purchased from an expensive local source. They contacted Camachem after discovering that they could obtain the same chemicals at a higher grade and lower cost.
Difficulty in Importing High Quality Chemicals
The company had faced problems getting a supplier that would provide them quality chemicals in large quantities. They were getting frustrated because the available chemicals were not in the quality-grade that they wanted.
What is LABSA and how is it used?
- LABSA (Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid) is produced by the sulphonation reaction of Alkyl Benzene with Sulphur trioxide (SO). Other methods may need the use of oleum or sulfuric acid. The ultimate selection will be influenced by a number of criteria, including the availability of raw materials, the location of the facility, the scale of the plant, and the mode of operation of the plant, to name a few.
- The chemical and physical characteristics of LABSA vary depending on the length of the alkyl chain. This leads in formulations that have a wide range of uses. The resultant surfactants are utilized in the chemical sector to enhance water-mineral interaction.
- LABSA is most commonly used in the detergent business to make washing powder, detergent powder, detergent cake, liquid soap, oil soap, scouring bar, and cleaning powder. This substance is used in anionic specialty formulations. It has the potential to enhance the quality of spraying pesticides.
- In the textile business, linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid is utilized as a washing and mercerizing agent. LABSA is used to enhance the surface area of distempers. It is used in tiny amounts as a wetting agent and an emulsifier in toilet soap foaming, together with other surfactants.
- LABSA is employed in the polymerization of emulsions and the manufacturing of coupling agents, emulsifiers, agricultural herbicides, home and industrial cleansers due to its high active matter content as well as miscibility with low salt content and water.
How Camachem Achieved Results
Camachem was able to supply the chemicals to the company in India at an affordable cost, saving them costs of up to 14% percent. The products were exactly what the client required and they were delivered on time.
Exporting Quality Chemicals
Camachem was able to handle this problem by exporting the quality chemicals to the client in India successfully. We delivered the chemicals without involving any middlemen, which also saved on time and money.
LABSA is shipped in 215kg plastic drums or in 1100 kg IIBC drums.
How Camachem Can Help
Our client wanted to purchase and import LABSA from a reliable supplier and Camachem was able to deliver the chemicals within the agreed time frame.
At Camachem, we have LABSA for sale. Please contact us (sales@camachem) or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.