How to Buy Caustic Soda?
How to Buy Caustic Soda?
Shipping High Quality Caustic Pearls and Caustic Soda Flakes
What is Caustic Soda?
Caustic Soda is an industrial chemical made up of the elements sodium, hydrogen, and oxygen. Caustic Soda is also known as Sodium Hydroxide and its chemical formula is NaOH. It comes in the forms:
- Caustic Soda Flakes 98%: These are white, translucent, solid crystals. These waxy crystals are odorless and soluble in water and glycerol.
- Caustic Soda Flakes 99%: These are white, translucent, solid crystals. These waxy crystals are odorless and soluble in water and glycerol.
- Caustic Soda Pearls 99%: These are white spherical or semi-spherical granules that are water soluble.
- Liquid Caustic Soda Lye 32%: It is a colorless and odorless solution of sodium and water.
- Liquid Caustic Soda Lye 50%: It is a colorless and odorless solution of sodium and water.
This chemical has many industrial uses, but it is most commonly used in paper industries.
Chemical Export Regulations
Caustic Soda is toxic and highly regulated. It is a strictly controlled chemical in China because of the possibility of it being used as a component of home-based methamphetamine. Due to this its export can be quite complicated. To export Caustic Soda exporters need to get export permits from the national authorities beforehand. An end-use certificate is required to get the export permit. Therefore, no Chinese company can export Caustic Soda without the government’s permission. Moreover, exporters also need to submit Annual Past Declaration (APD) and Annual Anticipated Declaration (AAD).
Handling and Storage Safety Measures
Handling and storage of Caustic Soda requires a lot of care and attention because it can cause severe chemical burns. The following safety measures should be followed:
- Caustic Soda solid or solution should not come into direct contact with the body. Protective gear, which includes rubber gloves, aprons, boots, goggles etc. should be used when handling.
- Caustic Soda should be kept away from moisture because it can react with water.
- It should be stored in an airtight container.
- It should be stored in a cool, dry place that is free from humidity.
- Chemical reactions of Caustic Soda can create unpleasant and poisonous fumes.
Caustic Soda should be used in a well-ventilated area so that there is access to fresh air.
How Much of the Chemical is Exported Yearly?
China’s CN: Export: Caustic Soda data was reported at 6.862 million USD in February 2021. This shows a decrease from the previous number of 9.159 million USD for January 2021. This data is updated monthly, averaging 15.947 million USD from January 2002 to February 2021, with 230 observations.
How is Caustic Soda Exported?
To export Caustic Soda, you must follow the following steps:
- Apply for an approval notice from the Provincial Industry and Information Commission.
- Apply for export or import permits for dual use products by providing approval notice from CWC to Provincial Commerce Department.
How is Caustic Soda Transported?
Caustic Soda for Sale Being Exported Successfully
Caustic Soda Pearls Uses and Where to Buy Caustic Soda Pearls
Caustic Soda Flakes 98% and 99% are shipped in:
- 25kg PP/PE bag
- 1000kg jumbo bag
Caustic Soda Pearls 99% are shipped in:
- 25kg PP bag
- 1MT in jumbo bag
Liquid Caustic Soda Lye 32% and 50% are shipped in:
- 250kg plastic drum
- 500kg plastic drum
Is Caustic Soda Safe?
Caustic Soda is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute as well as chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Caustic Soda 98% (Flakes), MSDS of Caustic Soda 99% (Flakes), MSDS of Caustic Soda Pearls 99%, MSDS of Liquid Caustic Soda Lye 32%, and MSDS of Liquid Caustic Soda Lye 50%, it can cause severe pain in the mouth, throat, and stomach as well as diarrhea and vomiting if it is ingested. It can also cause skin irritation or severe burns with scarring. Eye contact with this chemical can cause immediate pain and may even cause permanent eye damage. Furthermore, inhalation may cause respiratory irritation and serious lung injury. Chronic effects include ulceration of nasal passage and permanent lung damage. Proper storage and disposal of Caustic Soda needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
Which Countries are the Main Exporters?
Due to the revenue bolstering, extensive production of Caustic Soda, following are the main exporters of this chemical:
Which Countries Manufacture Caustic Soda in Bulk?
The consumption of Caustic Soda has increased dramatically across the world, especially in developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Caustic Soda are:
- United States of America
- South Korea
Where to Buy Caustic Soda?
Here at Camachem we have Caustic Soda for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quote today via email [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.