What is Calcium Carbonate and How to Buy Calcium Carbonate?
What is Calcium Carbonate?
Calcium Carbonate is an industrial chemical made up of the elements calcium, carbon, and oxygen. It has the appearance of a fine super white powder. It is odorless and it has a chalky taste. It is poorly soluble in pure water. Calcium Carbonate is also known as limestone and its chemical formula is CaCO3. It comes in the form of Calcium Carbonate 99%.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the construction industries.
Calcium Carbonate Uses
- Calcium Carbonate 99% is mainly used in the construction industry.
- It is used as a building material.
- It is used as a limestone aggregate for the building of roads.
- It is used as an essential ingredient of cement.
- It is also used as a starting material for the preparation of builder’s lime.
- Calcium Carbonate is also used in the purification of iron from iron ore.
- Calcium Carbonate is used in the oil industry too. It is added to drilling fluids as a formation bridging and filter-cake sealing agent.
- It is also used as a weighting material that increases the density of drilling fluids.
- It is used as a pH corrector for maintaining alkalinity and off setting the acidic properties of the disinfectant agent in the swimming pools.
- It is used as a raw material for the refinement of sugar.
- Calcium Carbonate in the form of chalk is a major component of blackboard chalk.
- It is used in the microporous film of diapers.
- It is used in the paper industry for the production of printing and writing paper.
- It is used as an extender in paints.
- It is used for making PVC cables.
- It is used medicinally as a dietary calcium supplement.
- It is also used for neutralising acidic soils.
Is Calcium Carbonate Safe?
Calcium Carbonate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute or chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Calcium Carbonate, it may cause mechanical irritation to respiratory tract and eyes. Proper storage and disposal of Calcium Carbonate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Calcium Carbonate Made?
Industrially, Calcium Carbonate is extracted by mining or quarrying. It can also be prepared from calcium oxide. Calcium oxide is turned to calcium hydroxide by adding water. Carbon dioxide is then passed through the solution to precipitate calcium carbonate.
Where to Buy Calcium Carbonate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Calcium Carbonate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Calcium Carbonate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Calcium Carbonate in Bulk?
The consumption of Calcium Carbonate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Calcium Carbonate are:
- United States of America
How is Calcium Carbonate Exported?
Calcium Carbonate is shipped in:
- PPPE bags with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 50kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1250kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Calcium Carbonate Price?
As Calcium Carbonate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Calcium Carbonate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Calcium Carbonate?
Here at Camachem we have Calcium Carbonate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.