What is Ferrous Sulfate and How to Buy Ferrous Sulfate?
What is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous Sulfate is a mining chemical made up of the elements iron, sulfur, and oxygen. It is odorless and is soluble in water. Ferrous Sulfate is also known as Iron (II) Sulfate and its chemical formula is FeSO4. It comes in the forms:
- Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate: It has the appearance of a blue green crystalline solid.
- Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate: It has the appearance of a white yellow crystalline solid.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the mining industries.
Ferrous Sulfate Uses
- Ferrous Sulfate is most popularly used in mining as a fluid property modulator.
- It is used for the extraction of oil and gas.
- It is used in the manufacturing of various medicinal drugs.
- It is used in general adhesives.
- In the agricultural industry it is used for lowering the pH of highly alkaline soil.
- It is used as a soil amendment so that plants have access to the nutrients of the soil.
- It is used in horticulture for treating the issue of iron chlorosis.
- It is used in fertilisers, pesticides, and herbicides.
- If mixed with compost and dung in the soil, it can create a store which can last for a long period of time.
- It is also used as a lawn conditioner and moss killer.
- It is used to stain concrete, sandstones, and limestones.
- It is used as a pigment by woodworkers to colour maple wood.
- It is used as a colorant for drugs, food, and inks.
- It is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia as a source of iron. It acts as an anti anaemic reagent.
- It is used for the surface treatment of metals.
- It is also used for sewage and water treatment.
- It is used as a reducing agent which is useful for the reduction of chromate in cement to less toxic compounds.
- It is used in the textile industry as a dye fixative.
- It is used to blacken leather.
- It is used as a constituent of ink.
- Its solution is used to colour maple wood a silvery hue.
- It is also used as a gas purification agent.
Is Ferrous Sulfate Safe?
Ferrous Sulfate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate and MSDS of Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, it can be harmful if swallowed. It can cause skin irritation and serious eye irritation. Proper storage and disposal of Ferrous Sulfate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Ferrous Sulfate Made?
Industrially, Ferrous Sulfate is produced by passing the steel sheet or rod through pickling baths of sulfuric acid. It is also made from the production of titanium dioxide from ilmenite through the sulfate process.
Where to Buy Ferrous Sulfate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Ferrous Sulfate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Ferrous Sulfate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Ferrous Sulfate in Bulk?
The consumption of Ferrous Sulfate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Ferrous Sulfate are:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
How is Ferrous Sulfate Exported?
Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate is shipped in:
- PP bags with 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Palletised 25 kg PP bags
- Jumbo bags
Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate is shipped in:
- Woven bag lined with plastic 25 kg weight capacity per bag.
- Woven bag lined with plastic 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Ferrous Sulfate Price?
As Ferrous Sulfate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Ferrous Sulfate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Ferrous Sulfate?
Here at Camachem we have Ferrous Sulfate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.