What is Sodium Amyl Xanthate and How to Buy Sodium Amyl Xanthate?
What is Sodium Amyl Xanthate?
Sodium Amyl Xanthate (SAX) is a mining chemical made up of the elements carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfur, and sodium. It appears as a slightly yellow or grey yellow powder or pellet. It has a pungent odor and is soluble in water. It decomposes easily in the presence of acid and heat. Sodium Amyl Xanthate is also abbreviated as SAX and its chemical formula is C6H11OS2Na. It comes in the form of pellets and powder.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most commonly used in the mining industries.
Sodium Amyl Xanthate Uses
- Sodium Amyl Xanthate is majorly used in the mining industries.
- It is used as a collector in the mining industry. Collectors are chemicals that selectively attach to the surface of the mineral, making the mineral hydrophobic. Hydrophobicity is necessary for air bubble attachment in the precious metal extraction processes.
- Sodium Amyl Xanthate is the most powerful collector among the xanthates.
- It is extensively used in the flotation process of sulfide ores. It works as an excellent collector for the flotation of Copper Nickel sulfide ores as well as gold associated with pyrite.
- It is also used in the flotation process of non ferrous metal minerals.
- It is used in various hydrometallurgical processes.
- It is also used as a vulcanisation accelerator for the rubber industry.
- Being a powerful collector it is used in rougher flotation processes.
Is Sodium Amyl Xanthate Safe?
Sodium Amyl Xanthate is generally considered safe. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Sodium Amyl Xanthate, it can cause eye irritation. It can be hazardous if ingested or inhaled. It is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Amyl Xanthate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Sodium Amyl Xanthate Made?
Industrially, Sodium Amyl Xanthate is made by the reaction of an alcohol with sodium hydroxide and carbon disulfide. The reaction involves the attack of the alkoxide salt.
Where to Buy Sodium Amyl Xanthate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Amyl Xanthate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Sodium Amyl Xanthate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Amyl Xanthate in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Amyl Xanthate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Amyl Xanthate are:
- United States
- South Africa
How is Sodium Amyl Xanthate Exported?
Sodium Amyl Xanthate is shipped in:
- 110 kg-180 kg weight capacity per drum
- 850 kg-900 kg weight capacity per wooden box
- 25 kg-50 kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Sodium Amyl Xanthate Price?
As Sodium Amyl Xanthate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Sodium Amyl Xanthate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Sodium Amyl Xanthate?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Amyl Xanthate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.