What is Triethanolamine and How to Buy Triethanolamine?
What is Triethanolamine?
Triethanolamine (TEA) is an industrial chemical made up of the elements carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. In its pure form it appears as a colorless liquid whereas slightly yellow with impurities. It has an ammoniacal odor and is miscible in water. Triethanolamine is also abbreviated as TEA and its chemical formula is C6H15NO3. It comes in the form of Triethanolamine 85% (TEA 85%).
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the cleaning industries.
- Primarily, Triethanolamine is used in making surfactants.
- It is used as a corrosion inhibitor.
- It is used as a neutraliser for fatty acids.
- It is used to adjust and buffer the pH.
- It solubilises oils and other insoluble ingredients.
- In some specific cases Triethanolamine salts are more soluble than the alkali metal salts.
- It is used as an additive in cement production because it facilitates the grinding process.
- It is found in many ear-drops that are used for treating ear diseases and infections.
- It is also used as a complexing agent for aluminium ions in aqueous solutions.
- In photographic processing too Triethanolamine is very useful.
- It is used in gas sweetening.
- It is used as a catalyst for the manufacture of urethane foam.
- It is a component of many cosmetic and personal care products.
- It is a major component of liquid organic fluxes for the soldering of aluminium alloys.
- In holography it is used as a swelling agent to colour shift holograms.
- It is used for making detergents and cleaners.
- It is also found in many agricultural chemicals.
Is Triethanolamine Safe?
Triethanolamine is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute or chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Triethanolamine, it can cause allergic reactions if it comes in contact with the skin. It may cause tumors and environmental toxicity as well. Proper storage and disposal of Triethanolamine needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Triethanolamine Made?
Industrially, Triethanolamine is made by the reaction of ethylene oxide with aqueous ammonia.
Where to Buy Triethanolamine in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Triethanolamine in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Triethanolamine, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Triethanolamine in Bulk?
The consumption of Triethanolamine has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Triethanolamine are:
- United States
- South Africa
- South Korea
How is Triethanolamine Exported?
Triethanolamine is shipped in iron drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.
What is the Latest Triethanolamine Price?
As Triethanolamine is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Triethanolamine, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Triethanolamine?
Here at Camachem we have Triethanolamine for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.