Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) 33%
Other Trading Names:
- HCl 33%
- Muriatic Acid
- Spirits of Salt
- Hydronium Chloride
- Chlorhydric Acid
- Anhydrous Hydrogen Chloride
Types of Packaging
- IBC drum with 1250 kg weight capacity per drum
- 30 kg weight capacity per drum
|Iron (Fe)||0.1 ppm|
Hydrochloric Acid 33% (HCl 33%) is a colourless transparent liquid. It is an aqueous solution of hydrogen chloride. It is a strong and highly corrosive acid which has a distinctive pungent odor. It is water and alcohol soluble but insoluble in hydrocarbons. It is an extremely important industrial chemical.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Hydrochloric Acid 33% (HCl 33%) is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is used in the stimulation of petroleum wells. Stimulation process involves the removal of rust, scales, and undesirable carbonate deposits in oil wells. This enhances the flow of crude oil or gas to the wells.
- It is used in the manufacture of dyes, phenols, and plastics
- It is used to produce chemical intermediates like FeCl3, ZnCl2, AlCl3 and many more.
- It is used as a cleaning agent for household, commercial, and industrial purposes.
- It is used for steel pickling for carbon alloy and stainless steels. Steel pickling is a process in which iron oxides and scales are removed from the steel surface.
- Other metal related applications include aluminium etching, metal prefixing for galvanising and soldering, and metal cleaning.
- HCl is also used in the food industry in the processing of a variety of food products.
- The neutralisation of Hydrochloric Acid with limestone produces calcium chloride.
- It is extensively used in the mining industry for ore treatment, extraction, separation, and purification.
- It is also widely used for wastewater treatment.
- In the pharmaceutical industries it is used as a catalyst in synthesis, pH control, deionisation of water, and as a reduction agent.
- It is also used in the production processes of many organic chemicals.
Buy Hydrochloric Acid 33% (HCl 33%)