Zinc Chloride 98%
Other Trading Names:
- Zinc Butter
- Zinc (II) Chloride
- Zinc Dichloride
- Butter of Zinc
Types of Packaging
- PP bags with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- Jumbo bags with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
- Plastic drums with 50kg weight capacity per drum
Zinc Chloride 98% is a very useful chemical compound having the chemical formula ZnCl2.
Zinc Chloride 98% has the appearance of a white or colorless crystalline solid. It is hygroscopic and very deliquescent. It is odourless. It is highly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Zinc Chloride 98% is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Zinc Chloride 98% is most popularly used in the battery industry.
- It is used as a metallurgical flux.
- It reacts with metal oxides and gives derivatives of the idealised formula MZnOCl2. This reaction uses zinc chloride solution as a flux for soldering.
- It is used in organic synthesis. It is a very useful Lewis acid in organic chemistry.
- It is used as a catalyser for catalysing the conversion of methanol to hexamethylbenzene.
- It is also used for the catalyses of the Fischer indole synthesis and Friedal Crafts acylation reactions.
- The combination of Zinc Chloride and hydrochloric acid is popularly known as Lucas reagent. It is very effective for the preparation of alkyl chlorides from alcohol.
- It also helps in the activation of benzylic and allylic halides.
- It is also used as a reducing agent.
- It is used as a starting reagent for the synthesis of many organozinc reagents.
- Zinc Chloride is also very useful in textile and paper processing.
- Concentrated aqueous solutions of zinc chloride have the ability of dissolving starch, silk and cellulose.
- It is used as a fireproofing agent.
- It is also used in fabric refreshers.
- It is used for making vulcanised paper.
- It is also used for making smoke grenades. It gives an effective smoke screen.
- It is used for the detection of fingerprints because it fluoresces more intensely.
- It is used as a disinfectant and wood preservative.
- It is widely used in the treatment of skin cancer.
Buy Zinc Chloride 98%