Triethylenetetramine – TETA
Other Trading Names:
- Triethylene Tetramine
Types of Packaging
- Plastic drums with 25 kg weight capacity per drum
- Plastic drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.
|Boiling Point||266.6 °C(lit)|
|Density||982 g/mL at 25 °C(lit)|
|Melting Point||-34.6 °C|
|Vapour Pressure||1 Pa (20 °C)|
|Refractive Index (nD)||1.496|
Triethylenetetramine – TETA is an organic compound. It belongs to the class of ethyleneamines. It is a very useful chemical compound that is industrially produced by heating ethylenediamine or ethanolamine/ammonia mixtures over an oxide catalyst. It is then separated by distillation and sublimation. Its chemical formula is C6H18N4.
Triethylenetetramine – TETA is an oily liquid. It is colourless. However, like many amines, its older samples have the appearance of a yellow-coloured liquid because of impurities resulting from air oxidation. It is a slightly viscous liquid. It is soluble in polar solvents. It is slightly less dense than water. It is combustible but difficult to ignite. It is corrosive to metals and tissue. Its vapours are heavier than air. It has a fishy or ammoniacal odour. It is soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Triethylenetetramine – TETA or Triethylene Tetramine is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Triethylenetetramine – TETA is most commonly used as a crosslinker or hardener in epoxy curing.
- Its hydrochloride salt which is known as trientine hydrochloride is a chelating agent. This salt is used to bind and remove copper in the body to treat Wilson’s disease. TETA therapy is an effective starting therapy.
- It is used in the manufacturing of cleaning products such as detergents.
- In the pharmaceutical industries, it is used for the production of pharmaceuticals.
- It is consumed for the production of many chemicals in the chemical industries
- In medicine it is used as a replacement of D-penicillamine.
- It is utilised for the casting and surface treatment of metals.
- It is effective in the production of water softeners.
- It is employed in products used in the process of collection, purification, and distribution of water.
- It is expended as a raw material in various products and industries such as cosmetics, chemical manufacturing, metal production and many more.
- It acts as a modifier for numerous purposes.
- It performs essential functions in the extraction of gases.
- It is crucial in the extraction of crude oil, crude petroleum, refined oil products, fuel oils, and drilling oils etc.
- It is put to use as a solvent in cleaning products such as paint and graffiti removers.
- It is essential for the surface treatment of metals as a corrosion inhibitor, polishing agent, rust preventer, and water repellent etc.
- It is a significant component in the production of pesticides.
- It is also used for making preservatives used in cosmetics, film, wood, and foods etc.
Buy Triethylenetetramine – TETA