Other Trading Names:
- Synthetic Zeolite Powder 5A
- Non-activated Zeolite powder 5A
- Zeolite powder 5A
- Hydrated Calcium Aluminosilicate
Types of Packaging
- Size 3A bag
- Size 4A bag
- Size 5A bag
- Size 13X bag
|330°C at 760 mmHg
|Up to 400°C
|Up to 600°C
Zeolite is a microporous aluminosilicate substance that can be found in nature but can also be industrially produced. The industrially important zeolite compounds are synthetically produced. Silica and alumina are the two main basic materials used in Zeolite production. Its chemical formula is represented as Ca4.5Na3[(AlO2)12(SiO2)]. X H2O.
Zeolite is a granular or powdered material with a light grey-green color. It has no odor but can have an earthy smell. It is water insoluble. It's a chemical that doesn't explode.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Zeolite is a versatile chemical with numerous applications. Its primary applications and advantages are as follows:
- It is used as an ion-exchange bed in domestic and commercial water purification
- Zeolites are commonly used as catalysts
- It is used as a commercial adsorbent
- It aids silver's natural light emission, which could compete with LEDs.
- In on-board oxygen generating systems and oxygen concentrators, it is utilized in conjunction with pressure swing adsorption to remove nitrogen.
- It could provide precise gas separation, such as H2O and SO2 removal from low-grade natural gas streams.
- It is used in the separation of nitrogen, noble gases, freon, oxygen, and formaldehyde.
- Because of its microporous properties, it is employed in sophisticated nuclear waste reprocessing procedures.
- A certain zeolite substance is used in the biogas industry for long-term storage of energy at a density four times greater than water.
- It can be used to thermochemically store solar heat that is harvested from solar thermal collectors.
- Its largest single use is in the global laundry detergent market.
- It's utilized in the production of non-clumping cat litter.
- It's employed in cryosorption vacuum pumps as a molecular sieve.
- It reduces chloride permeability and workability when added to Portland cement as a pozzolan.
- It is an active ingredient in storage and preservation products
- Thomsonite, a rare zeolite mineral, has been mined as a gemstone from lava flows.
- Zeolite-based oxygen concentrator systems are commonly used to produce medically viable oxygen.
- It is utilized in hemostatic medicines, which are used to stop severe bleeding.
- In agriculture, it is used for soil treatment or remediation.