Camachem Exported Poly Vinyl Alcohol (PVA) to Brazil Successfully: Poly Vinyl Alcohol Case Study
Overview of Poly Vinyl Alcohol (PVA)
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer with headquarters in Brazil. Our client reached out to Camachem because they wanted to produce packaging materials. There were many reasons that lead to this decision to be made by our client. At Camachem we were able to help our client solve obstacles including high costs, while still ensuring our client with high quality chemicals of poly vinyl alcohol.
By choosing Camachem as their supplier, the packaging company was able to get quality special use chemicals at cost-efficient prices. In this case study we will discuss how Camachem was able to provide this for our client and how we were able to deliver what the client required. We will share how we were able to successfully export poly vinyl alcohol to Brazil.
Problems Faced in Poly Vinyl Alcohol
Inefficiencies in Procurement
The firm was looking for a straightforward way to export the chemicals. They intended to buy the chemicals directly from the source, avoiding the use of middlemen in the process. This would save them time and money while also ensuring that they receive high-quality items.
High Cost of Chemical (PVA)
The chemicals were previously purchased from an expensive local source. They contacted Camachem after realizing they could acquire the same chemicals at a lower cost and with higher quality.
What is Poly Vinyl Alcohol and how is it used?
- PVA is a colorless, water-soluble synthetic resin that is mostly used in the treatment of textiles and paper. Commercially, polyvinyl alcohol is produced from polyvinyl acetate in a continuous process. In the presence of anhydrous sodium methylate or aqueous sodium hydroxide, the acetate groups are hydrolyzed through ester exchange with methanol.
- PVA is also produced by dissolving another polymer, polyvinyl acetate (PVAc), in an alcohol like methanol and then treating it with an alkaline catalyst like sodium hydroxide. The hydrolysis, or "alcoholysis," process that follows removes the acetate groups from the PVAc molecules without altering their long-chain structure.
- Because of its excellent chemical and thermal stability, as well as its low manufacturing cost, PVA is utilized in a variety of sectors, including textiles, paper, and food packaging.
- It's also a well-known water-soluble polymer with excellent strength and optical transparency in water. PVA is utilized in packaging and as an optical polarizer because of these favorable characteristics.
- Other sectors that use this polymer include polymer recycling, food packaging, binding and coating, and adhesives. Even though it is an artificial polymer made from petroleum, PVA is a form of biodegradable resin.
- PVA is widely used in a variety of scientific and technological sectors, including coating and finishing agents, emulsifiers, wood, and leather. It is used as a release liner in paper coatings and in the production of chemical resistant gloves.
How Camachem Achieved Results
Cost Savings on PVA
Camachem was able to offer the chemicals to the Ghanaian firm at a reasonable price, saving them up to 10% on their expenditures. The items were precisely what the customer wanted and arrived on schedule. The client has been collaborating with Camachem ever since and is always satisfied with our service.
Camachem was able to solve the situation by successfully exporting the chemicals. We supplied the chemicals directly from the source, avoiding the need of middlemen and saving time. Camachem is reliable and has made it possible for the client to rest easy because they always get successful deliveries from us.
Poly vinyl alcohol is shipped in 20kg and 50kg sealed bags.
How Camachem Can Help
Our client wanted to purchase and import poly vinyl alcohol from a reliable supplier and Camachem was able to deliver the chemicals within the agreed time frame.
At Camachem, we have poly vinyl alcohol for sale. Please contact us (sales@camachem) or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.