Frequently Asked Question about Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%
What is Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
Citric Acid Monohydrate is an important Industrial Chemical compound. Usually encountered as a white solid, it's a weak organic acid. It occurs naturally in citrus fruits. In biochemistry, during the metabolism of all aerobic organisms, it's an intermediate within the acid cycle.
Additionally, Citric Acid is found in Anhydrous and Monohydrated form.
While Anhydrous Citric Acid has no water of crystallisation, Monohydrate Citric Acid has a water molecule linked with each citric acid molecule. Moreover, the chemical formula of Citric Acid Anhydrous is C6H8O7, and the chemical formula of Citric Acid Monohydrate is C6H8O7·H2O.
Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%
What is Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% used for?
- The acid (mono and di-basic) and monosodium salt (salt and crystal powder) are quite common food ingredients. All of them come from the acid cycle. Citrate, a substance almost like acid, is found in many fruits like oranges, lemons, etc. But there are other uses of citrate like antacids, toothpaste, mouthwash.
- It has fungicidal properties. It also can be an antioxidant when used with vitamin C.
- It's often utilized in the industry to manufacture polyesters or esters to supply perfumes or cleaners hard surfaces because it dissolves mineral scale, which may clog pipes.
- Citric acid may be a weak acid that features a sour taste and is employed as an additive in food and to regulate the pH of products. Lemons are probably the best-known source for producing citric acid.
- In medicine, it has used as a blood solvent. Additionally, it may be used for tract infections, peptic ulcers, and against gout as well. In fact, citrate belongs to the group of drugs called alkalizes because it contains bicarbonate ions.
- Citrus fruits contain tricarboxylic acid is present in acid monohydrates. Due to its antioxidant qualities, this acid is employed as an excipient in medicinal formulations.
- It preserves the steadiness of active substances and is used as a preservative.
- It also regulates pH and as an anticoagulant by chelating calcium within the blood.
What is the Chemical Formula of Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% chemical formula is C6H8O7.H2O
Is Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% harmful to life?
Citric acid monohydrate has low reactivity and is non-toxic. If kept at temperature, it's chemically stable. One report found joint pain with stiffness, swelling, muscular and stomach pain, and shortness of breath in four people after they consumed foods containing manufactured acid.
However, these same symptoms weren't observed in people consuming natural sorts of acid, like lemons and limes.
Where is Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% found? What does Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% looks like?
Citric acid monohydrates could be found naturally and synthetically. It is a colorless crystals or as a white, crystalline powder with a pronounced acidic flavor.
Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%
What are the Hazardous effects of Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
- Citric acid may be a major source of dust explosions.
- Citric acid has the potential to cause burns.
- When exposed to heat or flames, acid poses a minor fire danger.
- Carbon Oxides Cause Dangerous Combustion
- Embarrassing odors and pungent smoke.
What are precautionary measures necessary to be taken to handle Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
Precautions for safe handling:
- Statements of precaution – preventive available in the safe handling manual
- Wear eye and face protection.
- In case of contact with EYES: Rinse for several minutes with caution. If contact lenses, remove them immediately. Rinse your eyes one more time.
- If the discomfort persists: Seek medical counsel or care.
Safety storage and handling of Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%
What will happen if Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% is heated?
Citric acid's chemical structure is analogous thereto of other carboxylic acids. It decomposes when heated over 175°C, releasing CO2 and water. The precipitate of acid is white and crystalline.
Is Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% a soluble compound?
It's highly soluble in water, readily soluble in ethanol (96%), and sparingly soluble in ether.
Where can I buy Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
At Camachem, we have Citric Acid Monohydrate available. It is available to be shipped per TON, which is a great value for your money. Camachem has been directly exporting Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% from China to the rest of the world for over a decade.
Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% Packaging
How much does Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% cost?
The price of Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% is affected by the cost of raw materials used in the manufacturing process. The estimated cost per TON is $700.00.
What is PH of Citric Acid Monohydrate 99%?
Citric acid features a pH range of 3–6. This means that it's a rather weak acid.
Can Citric Acid Monohydrate 99% go down the drain?
Citric Acid monohydrate is totally biodegradable and can be disposed of in the same manner as normal trash or sewage. However, it must be disposed of in line with local government regulations.