What is Calcium Formate and How to Buy Calcium Formate?
What is Calcium Formate?
Calcium Formate is an industrial chemical made up of the elements calcium, hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. It appears as white to yellow crystals or crystalline powder. It has a very light acetic acid like odor and is soluble in water. Calcium Formate is also known as calcoform and its chemical formula is Ca(HCO2)2. It comes in the form of Calcium Formate 98%
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the cement industries.
Calcium Formate Uses
- Calcium Formate 98% is used as an animal feed preservative. It acidifies the feed and by doing so, it prevents the growth of microbes and increases the shelf life of the feed. It prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- It is used as a masking agent in chrome tanning of leather because it enhances the efficiency of leather penetration of the chrome.
- Calcium Formate is also used as a replacement of formic acid for the pickling process.
- It is also used as a grout and cement additive. It adds desirable properties to the final products. It helps increase hardness and decrease the setting time.
- It prevents the corrosion of metal substrates within cement or grout.
- It very effectively prevents efflorescence.
- Calcium Formate functions as a fire retardant in drywall.
- Its mixtures with urea are very effective deicers. These cause less corrosion of steel and cement surfaces.
Is Calcium Formate Safe?
Calcium Formate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute or chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Calcium Formate, it can cause serious eye damage and eye irritation which may result in permanent eye damage. It can also be very harmful if swallowed. Proper storage and disposal of Calcium Formate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Calcium Formate Made?
Industrially, Calcium Formate is made by the reaction of calcium hydroxide and carbon monoxide at high pressure and temperature. It may also be made from calcium chloride and formic acid.
Where to Buy Calcium Formate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Calcium Formate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Calcium Formate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Calcium Formate in Bulk?
The consumption of Calcium Formate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Calcium Formate are:
- United States of America
How is Calcium Formate Exported?
Calcium Formate is shipped in:
- PP bags with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- Kraft bags with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- Big bags with 1200kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Calcium Formate Price?
As Calcium Formate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Calcium Formate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Calcium Formate?
Here at Camachem we have Calcium Formate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.