What is Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate and How to Buy it?
What is copper sulfate pentahydrate?
Copper sulfate pentahydrate (CuSO4.5H2O) is a chemical with multiple uses. Copper sulfate pentahydrate has other trading names which include Bluestone (Pentahydrate) and Blue vitriol (pentahydrate). It is a chemical that appears as a blue powder or crystalline granules. It is odorless, non-combustible and turns white when dehydrated. It also has a nauseating metallic taste.
Copper sulfate pentahydrate Uses
- Copper sulfate pentahydrate is often used in the control of invasive plants that may appear in swimming pools. It is also used in controlled quantities in aquariums to kill off invasive snails and plants.
- It is an additive in making pastes and glues used in bookbinding to keep insects from biting the paper.
- Copper sulfate pentahydrate may also be used in testing blood for anemia in the medical field.
- It is used in the art industry for coloring glasses and potteries or as a solution in the control of mosquitoes that are breeding in stagnant water.
- It is used in the cement industry to make cement water resistant in the manufacturing process.
Is Copper sulfate pentahydrate safe?
- Inhalation: If inhaled in large amounts, it can cause ulceration and perforation of the nasal septum.
- Body: Causes inflammation of the skin and potential burns.
- Eye: Conjunctivitis, ulceration, and corneal defects may be associated with exposure to particulates or solutions. This causes pain in the eyes and potential burns.
- Ingestion: Injurious when swallowed. Nausea, vomiting and potential burns may cause serious gastrointestinal tract inflammation. Bloody stools and vomiting, low blood pressure, jaundice and coma can result from the ingestion of large quantities of copper salts. Intake of copper compounds can have systemic harmful effects on the kidney and liver, accompanied by exhaustion and central nervous excitation.
How is copper sulfate pentahydrate made?
In an industrial setting, copper sulfate pentahydrate is made by the treatment of copper with sulfuric acid that is hot and concentrated. Sulphuric acid, copper metal and air as the most commonly used items for the manufacture of Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate.
Where to buy copper sulfate pentahydrate in bulk?
You may be able to buy copper sulfate pentahydrate in small quantities in your area. Should you want to buy this chemical in large quantities, it is preferable that you import it directly from the manufacturer. A manufacturer of copper sulfate pentahydrate will issue a certification and provide cost savings which would be better than buying the chemical in smaller quantities locally or from a distributor. If you are looking to buy bulk quantities of copper sulfate pentahydrate, you can purchase it from our website.
Which countries manufacture copper sulfate pentahydrate in bulk?
One of the main producers of copper sulfate pentahydrate are China. Camachem is one of the suppliers of this chemical across the globe. Consumption of copper sulfate pentahydrate has increased dramatically in different parts of the world, especially in developing countries.
Where to buy copper sulfate pentahydrate?
Here at Camachem, we have copper sulfate pentahydrate for sale. Our packaging is in woven bags of 25kg each. We export worldwide, so you can reach out to us for a free quotation through email or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response.