What is Ferric Chloride 40% and How to Buy Ferric Chloride 40%
What is Ferric Chloride 40%?
Ferric Chloride 40% is an industrial chemical made up of the elements iron and chlorine. It is also known as Iron(III) Chloride and its chemical formula is FeCl3. The chemical comes in two forms Ferric Chloride 40% and Ferric Chloride Anhydrous 96%. The latter is purer than ferric chloride 40%. This chemical has multiple uses but primarily it is used for purification of water and wastewater treatment often used by water treatment or food and beverage industries.
Ferric Chloride 40% Uses
- Ferric chloride 40% is a flocculant that helps to remove tiny particles from water. Tiny particles that are not removed from the water even after filtration clump together after the addition of ferric chloride 40%. These clumps then become heavy enough to sink to the bottom ultimately clearing the water.
- It is used in the process of coagulation. In this process iron anions attach to negative element ions in water and form suspended solids that can be easily removed by filtration.
- Ferric chloride 40% is used in wastewater treatment to remove phosphorous that causes eutrophication, a process that causes imbalance in the ecosystem.
- it is also used in sewage to prevent the production of hydrogen sulphide which is an extremely poisonous gas.
- It is used as an etchant in printed circuit boards.
- When dissolved in water it hydrolyses forming an acidic solution that is use for drinking water production.
- Because it is a strong acid, Ferric Chloride 40% is used as a catalyst for the formation of organic compounds.
- Industrially it is used in the manufacturing of pigments, plating agents, and surface treating agents.
- It used in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of anemia medicine.
- It is also used in sludge conditioning in which water is removed from sludges.
Is Ferric Chloride 40% Safe?
Consuming ferric chloride 40% is unsafe because the chemical is corrosive to eyes and skin. Inhalation of dust can result in irritation of gastro-intestinal and respiratory tract. Ferric chloride 40% is toxic to lungs. Repeated exposure to it can damage the organs. According to MSDS of Ferric Chloride 40% Anhydrous 96% and MSDS of Ferric Chloride 40% using the substance as an industrial is generally unsafe because the substance is very hazardous if ingested. Prolonged exposure can damage the tissues and result in corneal damage or blindness, inflammation or blistering of skin and lung damage. Proper storage and disposal of Ferric Chloride 40% needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Ferric Chloride 40% Made?
in factories ferric chloride 40% is made by the process of direct chlorination in which dry chlorine reacts with iron at high temperature. It is also produced as a by product of processes like the chlorinating decomposition of iron bearing oxide ores.
Where to Buy Ferric Chloride 40% in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of ferric chloride 40% in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of ferric chloride 40%, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Ferric Chloride 40% in Bulk?
The consumption of ferric chloride 40% has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of ferric chloride 40% are:
- Saudi Arabia
How is Ferric Chloride 40% Exported?
Ferric chloride anhydrous 96% is shipped in:
- 50kg black drums
- Loading 23 tons / 20ft container
Ferric Chloride 40% is shipped in:
- 200kg steel drum
- 280kg drum HDPE
Where to Buy Ferric Chloride 40%?
Here at Camachem we have ferric chloride 40% for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.