What is Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous and How to Buy Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous?
What is Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous?
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is an industrial chemical made up of the elements sodium, sulfur, and oxygen. It has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is odorless and hygroscopic. It is insoluble in ethanol and soluble in water, glycerol, and hydrogen iodide. Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is also known as thenardite and its chemical formula is Na2SO4.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the soaps and detergents industries.
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous Uses
- Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is used as a filler in powerful powdered home laundry detergents.
- It is used in the Kraft process for the production of wood pulp.
- It is also used in the glass industry. It is used as a fining agent to help in removing the small air bubbles from molten glass. It fluxes the glass and prevents scum formation.
- Sodium Sulfate is extremely important in the manufacture of textiles. It helps in levelling or reducing negative charges on fibres so that dyes can evenly penetrate.
- It is used in the food industry as a diluent for food colours.
- It has high heat capacity in phase change. This makes Sodium Sulfate extremely appropriate for storing low grade solar heat for later release in space heating applications.
- It is popularly used as an inert drying agent in the laboratories for removing traces of water from organic solutions.
- It is more efficient and effective at below about 30°
- It is used as a laxative.
- It is used for the effective removal of certain drugs from the body.
- It is used for heat storage in solar heating systems.
- It is used for defrosting windows.
- It is also used in the manufacture of starch.
- It is used as an additive in carpet fresheners and cattle feed.
Is Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous Safe?
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous, it can be hazardous in case of eye contact. It is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact, ingestion, and inhalation. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous Made?
Industrially, Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is produced as a by product of other processes in the chemical industry. The anhydrous form can also easily be produced by gentle warming of the hydrated form. It occurs naturally in arid environments as the mineral thenardite.
Where to Buy Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous are:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
How is Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous Exported?
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is shipped in:
- PPPE bags with 50kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous Price?
As Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.