What Is Sodium Sulfide and How to Buy Sodium Sulfide?
What Is Sodium Sulfide?
Sodium sulfide or its hydrate, Na2S.9H2O, is a chemical compound having the formula Na2S. The shape of both hydrated and anhydrous salts are solids with no color. They are soluble in water and create extremely alkaline solutions. Hydrogen sulfide, which has a rotten egg stench, is formed when Na2S and its hydrates are exposed to damp air.
Chemical and Physical Properties
78.0452 g/mol (anhydrous)
colorless, hygroscopic solid
1.856 g/cm3 (anhydrous)
1,176 °C (2,149 °F; 1,449 K) (anhydrous)
Solubility in water
12.4 g/100 mL (0 °C)
insoluble in ether
Magnetic susceptibility (χ)
Sodium sulfide Uses
In contrast to other known synthetic polymers generated by polymerization of monomers with various vinyl functionalities at the time, sodium sulfide is water soluble. In 2002, NMR research were performed to determine the structure and reaction pathway. Its applications include:
- Sodium sulfide is widely used in the kraft process in the pulp and paper industry.
- It is used in water treatment as an oxygen scavenger and metals precipitant.
- Sodium In chemical photography, sodium sulfide is used to tone black-and-white photographs.
- It is also commonly used as a bleaching, desulfurizing, and dechlorinating chemical in the textile industry.
- It is usually found in the leather industry for sulfurization of tanning extracts and unhairing agent in the liming process.
- It is used as sulfonation and sulfomethylation agent in the chemical industry, especially in the production of rubber chemicals, sulfur dyes, and other chemical compounds.
- Other uses include ore flotation, oil recovery, dye production, and detergent.
Is Sodium Sulfide Safe?
Sodium Sulfide, like Sodium Hydroxide, is extremely alkaline in certain amounts and can cause skin burns. Acids react quickly with it, forming extremely deadly hydrogen sulfide. Long-term exposure to this material could result in breathing difficulties, coughing, and chemical bronchitis, among other problems.
How Is Sodium Sulfide Made?
Industrially, Sodium Sulfide (Na2S) is produced through carbothermic reduction of Sodium Sulfate, which often includes the use of coal. The salt may be made in the lab by reducing sulfur with sodium in anhydrous ammonia or by reducing sodium in dry tetrahydrofuran (THF) with a catalytic quantity of naphthalene.
Where To Buy Sodium Sulfide in Bulk?
Sodium Sulfide in small quantities may be available in your area. It is preferable, however, to acquire large amounts of Lithium Chloride directly from the producers. They may be able to provide certifications and cost savings that are preferable to buying the chemical in small quantities locally or through a distributor. If you require bulk quantities of this chemical, you can buy Sodium Sulfide on our website or contact us for further details.
If you require bulk quantities of this chemical, you can buy Sodium Sulfide on our website or contact us for further details.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Sulfide in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Sulfide has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. As a result of the high demand, the number of companies producing it has increased dramatically. Sodium Sulfide is produced primarily by the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
How Is Sodium Sulfide Exported?
Sodium Sulfide is shipped in:
- 25kg or 50kg plastic woven bags lined with plastic bags
- 20kg or 125kg PE Drum
- 1000kg IBC Tank
Sodium Sulfide is shipped in:
- It is possible to arrange for an appropriate package term based on the amount of the buyer's order or other particular requirements.
Sodium Sulfide Ready to be Shipped
What Is the Latest Sodium Sulfide Price?
Because Sodium Sulfide is a commodity, its price fluctuates based on the cost of raw ingredients, logistics, and other industrial inputs like labor and taxes. Please contact us for the most up-to-date price on Lithium Chloride, and we will give you with a quote that includes delivery to your country.
Where To Buy Sodium Sulfide?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Sulfide for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.