What is 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate and How to Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate?
What is 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate?
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is an industrial chemical formed by the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It appears as a clear and colorless liquid. It has a somewhat unpleasant odor. It is combustive and heavier than water. 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is abbreviated as 2-HPMA, and the chemical formula of this compound is C7H12O3.
This chemical has many applications, but it is mostly used in the polymer industry.
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Uses
- 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is most commonly consumed as a raw material for producing solid and emulsion polymers.
- For the production of low molecular weight organic compounds.
- In the production of acrylic polyols for vehicle parts and industrial coatings.
- As a monomer for producing sealants, styrene based unsaturated polyesters, acrylic resins, and non woven fabric binders.
- For the production of flexible UV photopolymer printing plates.
- In the production of vehicular and architectural coatings.
- In the plastic industries for the large-scale production of plastics and plastic products.
- For the effective and efficient manufacturing of hygiene and cleaning products such as laundry detergents, soaps, and grease stain removers etc.
- In the production of general binding agents and sealants.
- In the textile industries for the manufacturing of textile finishes.
- For the production of light sensitive materials.
- As an essential additive in the process of oil production and transportation.
- In the production of dental filling material.
- In the production of lubricants for purposes such as engines, brake fluids and oils etc.
- For elastomers and for laminating resins.
- In the manufacturing of rubber and its products.
Is 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Safe?
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is typically categorized as unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Dealing with this chemical may have minor or major health effects. According to the MSDS of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, it can cause nausea and vomiting if ingested. It can cause severe eye burns and skin irritation if it comes into contact. Furthermore, inhalation of the chemical can cause coughing and irritation of nose and throat, and this may also lead to lung injury. Thus 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate needs to be properly stored and discarded to avoid any negative effects.
How is 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Made?
Industrially, the addition of propylene oxide to methacrylic acid with a catalyst base results in the formation of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate.
Where to Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate in Bulk?
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate may be obtainable in a limited quantity in your area. However, if you are interested in buying large quantities of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, it is more appropriate to import directly from the manufacturers. They can give out certifications and provide cost savings as well. Therefore this is a much better option than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate in Bulk?
The usage of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate has increased significantly across the world, particularly in the developing countries. Consequently, its heavy demand has led to a surge in the manufacturing companies that produce it. The main producers of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate are:
- United States of America
How is 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Exported?
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is shipped in:
- 25kg weight capacity per plastic drum.
- 200kg weight capacity per plastic drum.
What is the Latest 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Price?
Since 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is a commodity so the price usually swings as it depends on the price of raw materials, logistics, and related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes etc. In order to get the most recent and accurate price of 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, kindly connect with us and we will issue a quotation right up to your region.
Where to Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate?
Here at Camachem we have 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate available for buying. We export globally, therefore you can communicate with us for a FREE quotation through the email address [email protected] or by sending a message on WhatsApp for a swift response at +86-131-2037-9271.