What is Acetic Acid and How to Buy Acetic Acid?
What is Acetic Acid?
Acetic Acid is an industrial chemical consisting of the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It is seen as a clear and colorless liquid. It has a powerful odor, like that of vinegar. It is soluble in water. Acetic Acid is also known as Ethanoic Acid, and its chemical formula is C2H4O2.
This chemical has a lot of industrial uses, but it is generally used in the textile industries.
Acetic Acid Uses
- Acetic Acid is widely used in the production of photographic films.
- In the production of polyvinyl acetate for wood glue.
- Utilised in the production of synthetic fibres.
- In the production of fabrics in the textile industries.
- Popularly used as a descaling agent in households.
- In the food industry as a food additive and condiment and for acidity regulation.
- Important in the digestion of carbohydrates and fats.
- As solvent for inks, paints, and coatings.
- For the production of nitrocellulose.
- In the making of acrylic lacquers.
- In the production of varnish removers.
- For making wood stains.
- As a solvent for recrystallisation for the purification of organic compounds.
- For the production of terephthalic acid (TPA).
- In the medical field for treating cancer.
- For the process of cervical cancer screening.
- As an effective antiseptic because of its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- In the food industry for producing vinegar.
- For the effective treatment of skin infections caused by some bacteria.
Is Acetic Acid Safe?
Acetic Acid is considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Acetic Acid, it is corrosive to skin and can therefore cause skin irritation and eye irritation. Prolonged exposure may cause respiratory tract irritation. It may be toxic if inhaled or swallowed. Proper storage and disposal of Acetic Acid needs to be warranted in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Acetic Acid Made?
Industrially, Acetic Acid is prepared synthetically as well as by bacterial fermentation. It is produced by the carbonylation of methanol.
Where to Buy Acetic Acid in Bulk?
You may find Acetic Acid in small amounts in your region. However, in order to get Acetic Acid in bulk, it is favorable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can provide certifications and much better price. Thus this is more suitable than purchasing the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Acetic Acid in Bulk?
The use of Acetic Acid has drastically increased across the world, notably in the developing countries. Hence, its massive demand has led to the establishment of a large number of companies that produce it. The main producers of Acetic Acid are:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
How is Acetic Acid Exported?
Acetic Acid is shipped in:
- 30kg weight capacity per plastic drum.
- 220kg weight capacity per plastic drum.
- 1050kg weight capacity per IBC drum.
What is the Latest Acetic Acid Price?
Acetic Acid is a commodity, so the price usually fluctuates as it is dependent upon the production cost that consists of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. To get the current rate of Acetic Acid, do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Acetic Acid?
Here at Camachem we have Acetic Acid for sale. We ship globally, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation by sending us an email at [email protected] or by sending a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.