What is Ammonium Sulfate and How to Buy Ammonium Sulfate?
What is Ammonium Sulfate?
Ammonium Sulfate is an industrial chemical made up of the elements nitrogen, hydrogen, sulfur, and oxygen. It has the appearance of fine white granules or crystals. It is hygroscopic in nature. Ammonium Sulfate is also known as Diammonium Sulfate and its chemical formula is (NH4)2SO4.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the agrochemical industry.
Ammonium Sulfate Uses
- Ammonium Sulfate is most popularly used in fertilisers for alkaline soils.
- It helps lower the pH balance of soil and adds much needed nitrogen for plant growth.
- It is used as an agricultural spray for water soluble insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. In these it binds calcium and iron cations.
- It is used in a protein purification method by precipitation.
- It is used in a method called salting out for the purification of compounds.
- It is used in the analysis of rubber lattices.
- It is used as a food additive because it is generally recognised as safe and it is very useful in regulating acidity in flours and bread.
- It is used in the disinfection treatment of drinking water.
- Ammonium Sulfate is also used in the preparation of other ammonium salts such as ammonium persulfate.
- It is an essential component of many vaccines.
- It is used as an external standard in sulfur NMR spectroscopy.
- It is also very useful in flame retardant compositions. It increases combustion temperature of the material, reduces maximum weight loss rates, and increases the production of residue or char.
- It has been used in aerial firefighting.
- It has also been extensively used as a wood preservative.
Is Ammonium Sulfate Safe?
Ammonium Sulfate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Ammonium Sulfate, it may cause serious eye irritation and skin irritation. It can be harmful if swallowed and may cause respiratory irritation. Proper storage and disposal of Ammonium Sulfate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Ammonium Sulfate Made?
Chemical Process to create High Quality Ammonium Sulfate
Industrially, Ammonium Sulfate is made by treating ammonia with sulfuric acid. It is also manufactured from gypsum. Finely divided gypsum is added to an ammonium carbonate solution. Calcium carbonate precipitates as a solid, leaving Ammonium Sulfate in the solution.
Where to Buy Ammonium Sulfate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Ammonium Sulfate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Ammonium Sulfate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Ammonium Sulfate in Bulk?
The consumption of Ammonium Sulfate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Ammonium Sulfate are:
- Saudi Arabia
How is Ammonium Sulfate Exported?
Ammonium Sulfate is shipped in:
- PP woven bags with PE liner bags having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- PP woven bags with PE liner bags having 50 kg weight capacity per bag
- PP woven bags with PE liner bags having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Ammonium Sulfate Price?
As Ammonium Sulfate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Ammonium Sulfate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Ammonium Sulfate?
Here at Camachem we have Ammonium Sulfate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.