What is Phthalic Anhydride and How to Buy Phthalic Anhydride?
What is Phthalic Anhydride?
Phthalic Anhydride is an industrial chemical consisting of the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It appears as a white, crystalline solid or as a fine white powder. It is somewhat soluble in water. Phthalic Anhydride is also known as 2-Benzofuran-1,3-Dione, and its chemical formula is C8H4O3.
This chemical is very useful industrially, but its most popular use is in the plastic industries.
Phthalic Anhydride Uses
- Phthalic Anhydride is primarily used for the large-scale production of plasticisers for plastics.
- As fillers for products such as paints, plastics, and textiles etc.
- In the production of building material.
- For making insulating material for protection from noise and cold etc. such as in homes and buildings.
- For making insulation for wires and electrical cables.
- As a modifier in the chemical industries for the synthesis of chemicals.
- For the efficient production of colourants for drugs, textiles and personal care products like cosmetics, tattoo inks and hair dyes etc.
- For making dyes and pigments.
- For the production of food colours in the food industry.
- For the production of inks for printing in the paper industry.
- For making useful construction material in the construction industry.
- For the treatment and purification of drinking water because of its disinfecting properties.
- For the production of various pharmaceutical products in the pharmaceutical industries.
- In the production of food additives such as spices, extracts colourings and flavours etc.
- In the making of food packaging materials and other products such as paper plates, cutlery etc.
- As an essential ingredient for making products used for cleaning and maintaining automobiles.
Is Phthalic Anhydride Safe?
Phthalic Anhydride is typically viewed as unsafe since the chemical is toxic. Dealing with this chemical may cause short term or long term health effects. As per the MSDS of Phthalic Anhydride, it can cause rhinitis, chronic bronchitis, and asthma. Phthalic Anhydride should be properly handled and stored in order to avoid any undesirable effects.
How is Phthalic Anhydride Made?
Phthalic Anhydride is manufactured industrially though the catalytic oxidation of naphthalene or ortho-xylene. It is also be produced by phthalic acid through thermal dehydration.
Where to Buy Phthalic Anhydride in Bulk?
Phthalic Anhydride may be available in your area in limited quantities. However, to get your hands on large quantities of Phthalic Anhydride, it is more fitting to purchase it directly from the makers. They can provide certifications as well as less pricey products which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Phthalic Anhydride in Bulk?
The usage of Phthalic Anhydride has increased noticeably throughout the world, specifically in the developing countries. Hence, its huge demand has caused an increase in the companies that produce it. The main producers of Phthalic Anhydride are:
- United States of America
- South Korea
How is Phthalic Anhydride Exported?
Phthalic Anhydride is shipped in:
- 25kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 50kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 1000kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 1200kg bag with inner plastic bag.
What is the Latest Phthalic Anhydride Price?
As Phthalic Anhydride is a commodity, the price usually undergoes change depending upon the industrial production cost that keeps changing as inflation increases or decreases. In order to get the most recent price of Phthalic Anhydride, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Phthalic Anhydride?
Here at Camachem we provide Phthalic Anhydride for purchase. We export globally, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.