What is Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate?
What is Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate?
Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is a mining chemical made up of the elements sodium, hydrogen, carbon, oxygen and sulphur. It is also known as SIBX. It is a pale-yellow, water soluble solid with the chemical formula (CH3)2CHCH2OCSSNa(K). The chemical comes in the form Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate (SIBX) >90%. This chemical has many industrial uses but primarily it is used as a floatation reagent for the collection of precious metal ores in the mining industries.
Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate Uses
- Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is a floatation reagent. Copper, lead, zinc sulphide ores and sulphide ores of other precious metals are collected by floatation. The structure of SIBX as a xanthate is the reason for its effectiveness as a collector of sulphide ores through floatation.
- It is an eco-friendly mineral collector.
- It is used for the oxidation of alcohols to carbonyl compounds.
- It is used for curing and vulcanization of rubber.
- It is used as a fortifying agent for certain oils and analytical procedures.
- It is used for making herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides.
- It is also used to decontaminate soils rich in mercury by the process of froth floatation.
- SIBX is also used as a high-pressure lubricant additive.
Is Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate Safe?
Consuming Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is unsafe because the chemical is extremely dangerous. Exposure to this chemical can be fatal. According to the MSDS of Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate, it is highly poisonous and can be lethal for humans if ingested. Moreover, it is self-heating. It can cause acute oral toxicity, acute dermal toxicity, skin irritation and serious eye irritation. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate Made?
Industrially, Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is made by alcohol reacting with sodium hydroxide and carbon disulphide.
Where to Buy Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of SIBX, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of SIBX are:
- South Africa
How is Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate Exported?
Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is shipped in:
- 180kg sealed drums
- 900kg wooden boxes
What is the Latest Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate Price?
As Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of SIBX, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.