What is Sodium Persulfate and How to Buy Sodium Persulfate?
What is Sodium Persulfate?
Sodium Persulfate is an industrial chemical made up of the elements sodium, sulfur, and oxygen. It has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is almost non hygroscopic. Sodium Persulfate is also known as Sodium Peroxodisulfate and its chemical formula is Na2S2O8.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most popularly used in the agricultural industries.
Sodium Persulfate Uses
- Sodium Persulfate is most commonly used as a radical initiator for emulsion polymerisation reactions for styrene based polymers such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene.
- It is used for fast paced curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
- Sodium Persulfate itself is a bleach specifically in hair cosmetics and as a detergent component.
- It is used as a replacement of ammonium persulfate in etching mixtures for zinc and printed circuit boards.
- It is also used for pickling of copper and some other metals.
- It is used as a soil conditioner.
- It is used for the remediation of groundwater and soils.
- It is used for the manufacturing of dyestuffs.
- It is used for the modification of starch.
- It is useful as a bleach activator.
- Sodium Persulfate is also used as a desizing agent for oxidative desizing etc. in textile industries.
- It is used as an environmental remediation agent. It is used for polluted land remediation, water treatment, waste gas treatment, and oxidative degradation of harmful substances.
- It is used for the treatment of metal surfaces.
- It is used for re-pulping of wet strength paper in the paper industry.
- It is also used as a disinfectant.
Is Sodium Persulfate Safe?
Sodium Persulfate is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute health effects. According to the MSDS of Sodium Persulfate, it can cause skin irritation, serious eye irritation, or respiratory irritation. It may cause an allergic skin reaction. It can be harmful if swallowed and may cause asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Persulfate needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Sodium Persulfate Made?
Industrially, Sodium Persulfate is prepared by the electrolytic oxidation of sodium hydrogen sulfate.
Where to Buy Sodium Persulfate in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Persulfate in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Sodium Persulfate, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Persulfate in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Persulfate has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Persulfate are:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
How is Sodium Persulfate Exported?
Sodium Persulfate is shipped in:
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
What is the Latest Sodium Persulfate Price?
As Sodium Persulfate is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Sodium Persulfate, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Sodium Persulfate?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Persulfate for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.