What is Styrene Monomer and How to Buy Styrene Monomer?
What is Styrene Monomer?
Styrene Monomer is an industrial chemical made from the elements carbon and hydrogen. It is a colorless and oily liquid. It possesses a sweet and floral odor. It is insoluble in water but soluble in alcohol and other organic solvents. Styrene Monomer is also known as Ethenylbenzene, and its chemical formula is C8H8.
Styrene Monomer has numerous industrial uses, but it is majorly used in the plastic industries.
Styrene Monomer Uses
- Styrene Monomer – SM is most famously used for the production of polystyrene.
- As an effective adhesive and binding agent.
- As a hardener for hardening paints, varnishes, and plastics etc.
- In the production of goods for apparel care like shoe polishes etc.
- In the rubber industry to make synthetic rubber.
- In the plastic industry for the effective manufacturing of plastics.
- For making insulating materials to efficiently insulate homes etc.
- In the manufacturing of automobile parts. It adds durability and fuel efficiency to rubber tyres. It produces lightweight vehicle parts and increases fuel efficiency.
- A major component of stuff used for making food containers. It maintains hygiene and the freshness of food.
- Consumed for making carpet backings because it guarantees structural stability
- Effectively used as a mutagen.
- Utilised in the manufacturing of ABS and SAN copolymers.
- It enhances the packaging of electronic products.
- In the paper manufacturing industries for paper coating.
- Styrene Monomer enhances the functions and quality of paper products and printing.
Is Styrene Monomer Safe?
Styrene Monomer is mostly considered unsafe because the chemical is believed to be toxic. Working with this chemical can have severe health effects. According to the MSDS of Styrene Monomer, it can be hazardous if swallowed. It may cause skin and eye irritation and can be destructive if inhaled. Proper storage and disposal of Styrene Monomer needs to be guaranteed to avoid any unpleasant effects.
How is Styrene Monomer Made?
Industrially, Styrene Monomer is prepared by the dehydrogenation of ethyl benzene. It is also produced commercially through ethylbenzene hydroperoxide. There are several other methods of industrial production that include production through pyrolysis gasoline extraction, from toluene and methanol, and from benzene and ethane.
Where to Buy Styrene Monomer in Bulk?
Styrene Monomer may be available in small amounts in your country. However, to buy large amounts of this chemical, it is advised to purchase directly from the manufacturers. They can provide certifications and considerably low cost substances and this is better than getting the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Styrene Monomer in Bulk?
The consumption of Styrene Monomer has increased greatly all over the world, particularly in the developing countries. Therefore, its high demand has led to an immense increase in the manufacturing companies. The main producers of Styrene Monomer are:
- United States of America
- Saudi Arabia
How is Styrene Monomer Exported?
Styrene Monomer is shipped in:
- 220kg weight capacity per steel drum.
- 25kg weight capacity per plastic drum.
What is the Latest Styrene Monomer Price?
Since Styrene Monomer is a commodity, the price typically fluctuates depending on the price of industrial inputs like raw materials, logistics, labor and taxes etc. In order to get the current price of Styrene Monomer, please get in touch with us us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Styrene Monomer?
At Camachem Styrene Monomer is available for purchase. We export all over the world, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.