Other Trading Names:
Types of Packaging
- Woven bag with plastic lining with 25kg weight capacity per bag
|Heating Loss %
|Water Insoluble Matter %
|Thiocyanate (CSN) %
Thiourea 99% is a very useful organic sulphur containing compound having the chemical formula N2H4CS. It refers to a broad class of compounds related to thioamides.
Thiourea 99% has the appearance of a white solid. It is most often seen as a white powder. It is soluble in water. It has a bitter taste
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Thiourea 99% is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Thiourea 99% is most popularly used as a thiox precursor. It is used as a precursor to Thiourea dioxide and this is a widely used reducing agent in textile processing.
- It is used as a flotation reagent for metal minerals.
- It is used as a corrosion inhibitor for metals.
- Thiourea is commonly used as a fertiliser. It has many desirable properties as a fertiliser specifically under the conditions of environmental stress.
- It can be used for various purposes such as a seed pretreatment for priming, foliar spray, and medium supplementation.
- It is used industrially for the production of flame retardant resins.
- It is also used as vulcanisation accelerator.
- It is used as an auxiliary agent in the manufacture of diazo paper, light sensitive photocopy paper, and many other types of copy paper.
- It is also useful for toning silver gelatine photographic prints.
- It is used in the Clifton Philips and Beaver bright and semi bright electroplating process.
- It is also used to form a solution with tin (II) chloride. This solution is used as an electroless tin plating solution for copper printed circuit boards.
Buy Thiourea 99%