Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol / 4 - Methyl - 2 - Pentanol ≧ 99%
108 - 11 -2
Other trading names
- 4 - METHYL - 2 - PENTANOL
- 4 - Methylpentan - 2 - ol
- Methyl amyl alcohol
- Alcool Methyl amylique
- NSC 9384
Types of Packaging
- Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 830 kg capacity/drum or tank
- Use steel drums with 165 kg weight capacity per drum.
|Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol % ≥||99 %|
|Mosisture % ≤||0.1 %|
|Acidity % ≤||0.005|
|Density g/ml ≥||0.805 g / cm3|
|Expiry Date||12 months or 1 year|
Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol or 4 - Methyl - 2 - Pentanol has a very clear appearance which is similar to that of alcohol and comes in a liquid form which produces a slight distinct odour which is also similar to alcohol.
Chemical application and strength
Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol or 4 - Methyl - 2 - Pentanol is a kind of chemical compound which is organic and is derived from acetone. In the mining industry, MIBC is popularly used as a frothing agent during the flotation processes of different minerals and also when producing additives of lubricant oils. Compared to other frothing agents, MIBC has a great selectivity and fast kinetics in the flotation process. It produces froths with are dry yet easy to break which increases the efficiency and yield of the mineral.
- Has little to none collector resistance and used widely in the processing of gold ores.
- Acts as a solvent in the extraction process of essential oils which are used in fragrances.
- Used as diluent agent for hydraulic fluids.
- Has the ability to produce excellent quality concentrates which have great selectivity.
- Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
Buy Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol ≧ 99%
At Camachem, we have Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol or 4 - Methyl - 2 - Pentanol for sale as well as other frothers for sale. Please do contact us for a FREE quotation.