Frequently Asked Question about DL Methionine
What is DL Methionine
DL Methionine is an organic compound that functions as an industrial chemical. It is a kind of amino acid essential in the human body. It performs different functions relating to metabolism and health in the body of humans and other species alike.
What is DL Methionine used for?
DL Methionine serves different functions, especially in the area of human metabolism. Some of its functions are highlighted below:
- It functions as a substrate for other amino acids, including Cysteine and Taurine.
- As an Amino acid, it aids metabolism in the human body.
- It functions to enhance angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels.
- Medically, it serves as a supplement for treating copper poisoning and also to prevent liver damage in acetaminophen poisoning.
- It can treat liver disorders and increasing urine acidity.
- It can be catalyzed to speed up the healing of wounds. It also helps treat radiation side effects, aids skin tone and elasticity, strengthens nails, and promotes healthy hairs.
- It is also used to treat colon cancer, breast cancer, and Parkinson's disease.
What is the chemical formula of DL Methionine?
DL Methionine is an organic chemical consisting of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and Sulphur. The chemical formula is represented as C5H11NO2S.
Is DL Methionine harmful to life?
DL Methionine is not considered a hazardous chemical. It has no harmful effect on human life. However, it is not advisable to handle or consume chemicals indiscriminately.
Where is DL Methionine found, and what does it look like?
The formation of DL Methionine is through the biosynthesis of aspartate. It is derived from an aspartate group such as Threonine, Lysine, Cysteine, and Methanethiol. It is a white powder that is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. It has a slight odor and it is water soluble.
What are the hazardous effects of DL Methionine?
DL Methionine is not considered to be a hazardous chemical. It has not caused harm, both acute and delayed while handling.
What are the precautionary measures necessary to be taken to handle DL Methionine?
However, although DL Methionine is considered a non-toxic chemical, there is a need to take necessary safety measures. Hence, it would help if you do the following while handling the chemical:
- Avoid wearing a contaminated dress while handling the chemical.
- Handle chemicals in a well-ventilated environment.
- Seek to avoid contact with the skin, nose, and eyes by using protection.
- Wash your hands and body in case of exposure to the chemical.
What will happen if DL Methionine is heated?
It is advisable not to heat DL Methionine to decompose. When heated, the chemical emits a pungent and acrid odor.
Is DL Methionine a soluble compound?
DL Methionine is a soluble compound as it is soluble in water.
Where can I buy DL Methionine?
DL Methionine is available for sale at Camachem. The company offers DL Methionine for sale in different packages such as 1kg bags, 5kg bags, and 25kg drums. Camachem is notable for shipping chemicals from China to clients from different countries.
Ready to be Transported DL Methionine.
How much does DL Methionine cost?
The cost of DL Methionine varies depending on the cost of production. The cost per ton is $1,000. You can use the free quotation option to request an instant quotation on your desired quantity.
What is the pH value of DL Methionine?
The pH value of DL Methionine is not categorically stated. However, it is expected to have a pH value of 5.0-6.0 as an amino acid.
Is DL Methionine an electrolyte compound?
DL Methionine is not an electrolyte compound.
Can DL Methionine go down the drain?
A small quantity of DL Methionine can go down the drain into a sewage system. However, in the case of large quantities, it should be disposed of in line with the local chemical disposal authority's regulations.