Frequently Asked Question about Lysine
What is Lysine
Lysine is an organic compound that serves as an industrial chemical. It is a chemical that belongs to the amino acid group. The chemical's prominent use is the biosynthesis of proteins. It is an essential chemical in the human body; as such, it is essential for proteinogenesis to take place.
What is Lysine used for?
Lysine serves different functions as an inorganic chemical. Some of the functions of the chemical are highlighted below:
- It aids the synthesizing of protein in the body during gene formation. This process is referred to as Proteinogenesis.
- It is also a chemical active in the crosslinking of collagen polypeptide.
- In catalysis, Lysine aids Hydrogen bonding and serves as a general base.
- Lysine is used in animal feed production to optimize the growth of animals.
- You can use it medically to enhance immune functions and the central nervous system.
- Lysine is essential in carnitine production, an essential component in fatty acid metabolism.
- Medically, Lysine consumption is said to help treat cold sores, decrease blood sugar levels, and relieve stress and anxiety.
What is the chemical formula of Lysine?
Lysine is an organic compound consisting of carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Oxygen elements. The chemical formula is represented as C6H14N2O2.
Is Lysine harmful to life?
Lysine is not a harmful chemical. The chemical is consumable and has also been recommended to produce animal feeds. It is, therefore, safe to say that the chemical is safe. However, it is not advisable to consume the chemical indiscriminately.
Where is Lysine found, and what does it look like?
The synthesis of Lysine can happen in two different ways. The first way is called the Diaminopimelate pathway (DAP), which uses aspartate to synthesize Lysine. The second pathway is the aminoadipate pathway, which makes use of ketoglutarate.
Lysine is white and exists in solid powder form. The chemical is stable in normal conditions, and it is faintly perceptible. The chemical is equally soluble in water.
What are the hazardous effects of Lysine?
Lysine does not meet any criteria for being classified as a hazardous chemical. As such, there is no hazardous effect that can be stated on the use of the chemical.
What are the precautionary measures necessary to be taken to handle Lysine?
Although the symptoms and effects of Lysine, both acute and delayed, are not known, it is still important to take necessary safety measures. Hence, it would help if you did the following while handling the chemical:
- Do not wear contaminated cloths to handle the chemical.
- Handle the chemical in a well-ventilated environment.
- Rinse your hands and body immediately after handling the chemical.
- Wash your eyes and noses if the chemical is exposed to such areas.
What will happen if Lysine is heated?
Lysine is a non-flammable but combustible material. The chemical will liberate Nitrogen oxide, Carbon monoxide, and HCL when heated.
Is Lysine a soluble compound?
Lysine is a chemical soluble in water. It has a solubility rate of 1.5 kg/L at a temperature of 20°C.
Where can I buy Lysine?
Lysine is available for sale at Camachem. The company offers Lysine for sale in different packages, such as 5kg bags and 25kg drums. Camachem is notable for shipping chemicals from China to clients from different countries.
Lysine Ready to be Shipped
How much does Lysine cost?
The cost of Lysine varies depending on the cost of production. The cost per Ton is $1,000. You can use the free quotation option to request an instant quotation on your desired quantity.
What is the pH value of Lysine?
Lysine is an Amino acid. The pH value is expected to be between 5.5-6.0. It is acidic.
Is Lysine an electrolyte compound?
Lysine is not an electrolyte compound.
Can Lysine go down the drain?
It is not advisable to flush Lysine down the drain. You are advised to dispose of the chemical according to local chemical disposal regulations.