How to Buy Sodium Cyanide
What is Sodium Cyanide?
Sodium Cyanide is a mining chemical made up of the elements sodium, cyanide, and carbon. Sodium Cyanide is also known as Cyanogran. It is a white, water soluble solid with the chemical formula NaCN. The chemical comes in the form Sodium Cyanide 98%. Commercially, this chemical is used for fumigation, electroplating, and chemical manufacturing but primarily it is used for the extraction of gold and other precious metals in mining industries.
Video Explaining How to Import Sodium Cyanide
Two Types of Sodium Cyanide
1. Sodium Cyanide Powder
2. Sodium Cyanide Briquettes
Close up of Sodium Cyanide Briquettes.
At Camachem, we assist our mining clients buy sodium cyanide briquettes for their gold cyanidation process. The chemical is highly useful in gold processing.
Chemical Export Regulations
Sodium Cyanide is extremely toxic and highly regulated. It is a strictly controlled chemical in China because of the possibility of it being used as a chemical weapon. Due to its toxicity its export can be quite complicated. To export Sodium Cyanide, exporters need to get export permits for controlled chemicals from the national authorities before exporting. An end-use certificate is required to get the export permit. Therefore, no Chinese company can export Sodium Cyanide without the government’s permission. Moreover, exporters also need to submit Annual Past Declaration (APD) and Annual Anticipated Declaration (AAD).
More information on the required permits for exporting Sodium Cyanide can be accessed here:
- Regulations on Administration of Controlled Chemicals (State Decree 190), 1995
- List of Controlled Chemicals, 1996
- Measures for the Implementation of the Regulations on Administration of Controlled Chemicals, 1997
- Measures for the Administration on Import and Export License for Dual-use Items and Technologies, 2005
Example of Sodium Cyanide Export Certificate
In order to buy sodium cyanide, both the exporter and buyer must fill complete the above export and import certification certified by governments of both traders.
Sodium Cyanide Handling and Storage Safety Measures
Handling and storage of Sodium Cyanide requires a lot of care and attention. The following safety measures are quite necessary:
- Sodium Cyanide solid or solution should not come into direct contact with the body. Protective gear, which includes rubber gloves, aprons, boots, goggles etc. should be used when handling.
- Inhalation of air containing sodium cyanide powder or cyanic acid vapour should be strictly avoided. Dust-proof masks or gas masks should be used in such circumstances.
- Ventilation equipment should be provided in areas where sodium cyanide is handled for a long time.
- The handling area should be easy-to-wash.
- Sodium Cyanide should be stored in a cool, dry, and ventilated area which should be out of direct sunlight.
- It should not be stored near acid, nitrates, or nitrites.
- Once sodium cyanide is dissolved or the chemicals comes into contact with air, long term storage should be avoided.
How Much of Sodium Cyanide is Exported Yearly?
China’s CN: Export: Sodium Cyanide data was reported at 17.371 USD mn in December 2020. This shows a decrease from the previous number of 18.047 USD mn for November 2020. This data is updated monthly, averaging 5.667 USD mn from January 2002 to December 2020, with 227 observations.
How is Sodium Cyanide Imported?
To export Sodium Cyanide, you must follow the following steps:
- Apply for an approval notice from the Provincial Industry and Information Commission.
- Apply for export or import permits for dual use products by providing approval notice from CWC to Provincial Commerce Department.
How is Sodium Cyanide Transported?
Sodium Cyanide is shipped/transported with care in:
- 50kg net steel drums with inner PE bags
- 1000kg net plywood boxes with inner PE and PP laminated woven bag.
Is Sodium Cyanide Safe?
Consuming Sodium Cyanide is unsafe because the chemical is extremely toxic. Exposure to this chemical can be fatal. It can affect the brain, heart, blood vessels and lungs. According to Sodium Cyanide’s MSDS, it is highly poisonous and can be lethal for humans if ingested. Moreover, inhalation and exposure to open wounds with Sodium Cyanide can be toxic. It also releases hydrogen cyanide gas in the air which is extremely poisonous. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Cyanide needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
Which Countries export Sodium Cyanide?
Due to the revenue bolstering, extensive production of Sodium Cyanide, following are the main exporters of this chemical:
- South Africa
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Cyanide?
The consumption of Sodium Cyanide has increased dramatically across the world, especially in developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Cyanide are:
- South Africa
Where to Buy Sodium Cyanide?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Cyanide for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation today via email [email protected] or send us a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.