What is Sodium Hydrosulfide and How to Buy Sodium Hydrosulfide?
What is Sodium Hydrosulfide?
Sodium Hydrosulfide is a mining and flotation chemical made up of the elements sodium, hydrogen and sulfur. In its solid form it usually appears in the form of yellow flakes. In the solution form it appears as a colorless to light yellow liquid. Sodium Hydrosulfide is also known as Sodium Hydrogen Sulfide and its chemical formula is NaHS. It comes in the form Sodium Hydrosulfide 70%.
This chemical has many industrial uses but it is most commonly used in the mining industries.
Sodium Hydrosulfide Uses
- Sodium Hydrosulfide is majorly used in the mining industries as a flotation reagent. It is commonly used as a flotation reagent in copper mining. There it is used to activate oxide mineral species.
- It is used as a bleaching agent for textiles.
- It is used as a colorant, dye, or pigment for drugs, textiles, personal care products, food, and inks for printing.
- It is used in the process of tanning and dressing leather and for making leather products.
- It is used in the paper industries for the manufacturing of pulp and paper products.
- It is widely used in the textile industries for manufacturing clothing etc.
- It is also used in the water treatment processes.
- It is used as a makeup chemical for sulfur used in the kraft process.
- In the leather industries it is used for the removal of hair from hides.
Is Sodium Hydrosulfide Safe?
Sodium Hydrosulfide is generally considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute as well as chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Sodium Hydrosulfide, it can be toxic if swallowed. It can cause severe skin burns and eye damage. It is very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Proper storage and disposal of Sodium Hydrosulfide needs to be taken into consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Sodium Hydrosulfide Made?
Industrially, Sodium Hydrosulfide is made by the treatment of sodium methoxide with hydrogen sulfide. Alternatively, sodium can be reacted with hydrogen sulfide to produce Sodium Hydrosulfide.
Where to Buy Sodium Hydrosulfide in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Sodium Hydrosulfide in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Sodium Hydrosulfide, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Sodium Hydrosulfide in Bulk?
The consumption of Sodium Hydrosulfide has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Sodium Hydrosulfide are:
- New Zealand
- United States
How is Sodium Hydrosulfide Exported?
Sodium Hydrosulfide is shipped in:
- 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- 900 kg weight capacity per jumbo bag
What is the Latest Sodium Hydrosulfide Price?
As Sodium Hydrosulfide is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics, and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Sodium Hydrosulfide, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Sodium Hydrosulfide?
Here at Camachem we have Sodium Hydrosulfide for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.