What is Triisopropanolamine and How to Buy Triisopropanolamine?
What is Triisopropanolamine?
Uses of Triisopropanolamine Chemical and TIPA For Sale
Triisopropanolamine is an industrial chemical made up of the elements carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Triisopropanolamine is also known by the trading name of Tri-2-propanolamine abbreviated as TIPA. Its chemical formula is [CH3CH(OH)CH2]3N. It appears as a colorless to pale yellow liquid.
This chemical has many industrial uses but largely it is used as an emulsifier and stabilizer in various industries.
- Triisopropanolamine is used as an additive in cement grinding. It improves the grinding efficiency of cement and concrete and also provides strength to the mixtures.
- Due to its properties that prevent clumping or agglomeration, it is greatly beneficial for the construction industries.
- In metallurgy it is used as an antioxidant and coolant. It prevents corrosion in metals.
- It is used in the textile industry as a refining agent and dye specific agent.
- It is used as adhesives and binding agents for paints, sand, etc.
- It is used in household cleaning products like laundry detergents, soaps, stain removers, etc.
- It is used as an additive in plastic products in the plastic industries.
- It is used as a wood preservative.
- It is used as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and chemical intermediate for various purposes.
- It is also used in herbicides to neutralize their acidic components.
Is Triisopropanolamine Safe?
Triisopropanolamine is considered unsafe because the chemical is toxic. Exposure to this chemical can have acute or chronic health effects. According to the MSDS of Triisopropanolamine, it can cause irritation to the eyes or moderate corneal injury. Repeated contact may cause skin irritation characterized by redness, skin burns, pain, swelling, and tissue damage. Inhalation of heated material may cause respiratory irritation. Ingesting large amounts of the chemical can cause injury. It may cause gastrointestinal irritation. Proper storage and disposal of Triisopropanolamine needs to be taken into
consideration in order to avoid any unwanted effects.
How is Triisopropanolamine Made?
Industrially, Triisopropanolamine is made by reacting propylene oxide with ammonia in liquid phase in a continuous or batch wise procedure.
Where to Buy Triisopropanolamine in Bulk?
You may be able to find small quantities of Triisopropanolamine in your area. However, in order to buy large quantities of Triisopropanolamine, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which is better than buying the chemical in small quantities locally or from a distributor.
Which Countries Manufacture Triisopropanolamine in Bulk?
The consumption of Triisopropanolamine has increased dramatically across the world, especially in the developing countries. Therefore, its huge demand has led to a surge in companies that produce it. The main producers of Triisopropanolamine are:
- United States
How is Triisopropanolamine Exported?
Triisopropanolamine is shipped in:
- 200kg net iron drums
- 20 tons flexibags
- 1000kg net IBC drums
What is the Latest Triisopropanolamine Price?
As Triisopropanolamine is a commodity product, the price usually changes depending on the price of raw materials, logistics and other related industrial inputs such as labor and taxes. In order to get the latest price of Triisopropanolamine, please contact us and we will provide a quotation right up to your country.
Where to Buy Triisopropanolamine?
Here at Camachem we have Triisopropanolamine for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation via email address [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response at +86-131-2037-9271.