Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Series
Other Trading Names:
- Butyl Glycol
Types of Packaging
- 188kg PE drum
- 200kg PE drum
Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether is a butyl ether of ethylene glycol. It is an organic compound. It is commonly obtained by either; the ethoxylation reaction of butanol and ethylene oxide in the presence of a catalyst or the etherification of butanol with 2-chloroethanol. Its chemical formula is represented as C4H9OC2H4OH.
The chemical is a clear, colorless liquid. It has a sweet odor that is typical of ethers. It is soluble in water. It is a slightly harmful chemical and can be irritating to the eyes and the respiratory tract. It will automatically ignites at 245 degrees Celsius. It is a non-volatile, inexpensive solvent.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether is an especially important organic compound with a variety of industrial applications. Its primary applications and advantages are as follows:
- Its surfactant properties make it helpful in a variety of household and industrial products.
- It is used as a solvent for both water-soluble and hydrophobic substances.
- It is used as a solvent for paints and surface coatings.
- It is used in cleaning products and ink.
- It is used in the petroleum industry as a component of drilling stabilizers, fracturing fluids, and oil slick dispersants.
- For general oil well workovers, it's used as a crude oil-water coupling solvent.
- It's a key component in the oil spill dispersant Corexit 9527
- It is used as a medicine extractor in the pharmaceutical industry
- It is used as a resin plasticizer in the plastic industry.
- It is used as a fiber lubricant in the textile industry.
- It can be used as a dispersing agent for pesticide.
- It is used as an aid solvent for mineral oil emulsions and analysis reagents.
Buy Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether