Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous
Other Trading Names:
- Sodium Sulfate
- Sulfate of Sodium
- Disodium Sulfate
- Glauber’s Salt
- Sal Mirabilis
Types of Packaging
- PPPE bags with 50kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
|Na2SO4 Purity %
|Insoluble Methyl Water %
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is an inorganic compound having the formula Na2SO4. It is insoluble in ethanol and soluble in glycerol, water, and hydrogen iodide. Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate is known as the rare mineral thenardite.
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is odourless. It is hygroscopic and is highly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous is used as a filler in powerful powdered home laundry detergents.
- It is used in the Kraft process for the production of wood pulp.
- It is also used in the glass industry. It is used as a fining agent to help in removing the small air bubbles from molten glass. It fluxes the glass and prevents scum formation.
- Sodium Sulfate is extremely important in the manufacture of textiles. It helps in levelling or reducing negative charges on fibres so that dyes can evenly penetrate.
- It is used in the food industry as a diluent for food colours.
- It has high heat capacity in phase change. This makes Sodium Sulfate extremely appropriate for storing low grade solar heat for later release in space heating applications.
- It is popularly used as an inert drying agent in the laboratories for removing traces of water from organic solutions.
- It is more efficient and effective at below about 30°
- It is used as a laxative.
- It is used for the effective removal of certain drugs from the body.
- It is used for heat storage in solar heating systems.
- It is used for defrosting windows.
- It is also used in the manufacture of starch.
- It is used as an additive in carpet fresheners and cattle feed.
Buy Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous