Sodium Thioglycolate / Sodium Mercaptoacetate ≥ 96.5%
367 - 51 - 1
Other trading names
- Sodium Mercaptoacetate
- Sodium 2 - sulfanylacetate
- Mercaptoacetic Acid
- Sodium Salt
- Mollescal SF
- Thioglycolic Acid Sodium Salt
Types of Packaging
- Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
- Use plastic drums with 250 kg weight capacity per drum.
|Sodium Thioglycolate % ≥
|Mineral Substance % ≥
|7 - 11
|1.32 g / cm3
|114.1 g / mol
Sodium Thioglycolate or Sodium Mercaptoacetate has a light yellowish and sometimes dark color. It comes in a liquid form with a strong pungent odour and has a pH level between 7 to 11.
Chemical application and strength
Sodium Thioglycolate or Sodium Mercaptoacetate is a mining separator which is used mainly in the separation process of copper and molybdenum copper sulfide. It also acts as a galena inhibitor. It is also known as a powerful and effective depressant agent for copper sulfide which has gone through the separation process during considerable environment conditions. Great results are seen when this is used as a depressant instead of using sodium cyanide or sodium sulfide.
- Has the ability to enhance the recovery rate of various precious materials and metals during flotation.
- Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
- It is composed of carboxylic acid and thiol (mercaptan)
- It’s other uses include as an acidity indicator and for softening of nails.
- Also good as a “fallout remover” which is used in removing iron oxide residues from from steel rims.
Buy Sodium Thioglycolate ≥ 96.5%
At Camachem, we have Sodium Thioglycolate or Sodium Mercaptoacetate for sale as well as other separators for sale. Please do contact us for a FREE quotation.