Other Trading Names:
- Carbonic Acid, Barium Salt
- Barium Monocarbonate
- Barium Carbonate (1:1)
Types of Packaging
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
|Chemical Data Sheets|
|Barium Carbonate SDS MSDS||Download|
|Barium Carbonate COA TDS||Download|
Barium Carbonate is an inorganic compound. It is a very useful chemical compound which is made by treating barium sulfide with sodium carbonate. Its chemical formula is BaCO3.
Barium Carbonate has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is an odourless compound and it is poorly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Barium Carbonate is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Barium Carbonate is most commonly used to remove sulfate impurities of the chlor-alkali process.
- It is also a popular precursor to compounds that contain barium, such as ferrites.
- Barium Carbonate is quite extensively used in the ceramics industry. It is used as an essential ingredient in glazes.
- It acts as a flux which is a matting and crystallising agent.
- It combines with specific colouring oxides and produces unique colours which are not easily attainable by any other materials.
- Its use is questionable to some extent because some people claim that it transfers from glazes into food and drinks. Therefore, for a safer use of Barium Carbonate, it is best to be used in fritted form.
- It is added to clays to precipitate soluble salts that cause efflorescence, such as calcium sulfate and magnesium sulfate, in the brick, tile, earthenware, and pottery industries.
- It is also used for manufacturing optical glass, picture tube glass, barium magnetic materials and capacitors, as well as raw materials for the manufacture of other barium salts and ceramics, enamel, pigments, coatings, rubber, welding rods.
- It is used in steel carburising and metal surface treatment.
- It can also be used as a water purifier, rodenticide, and oxidation reaction catalyst.
Buy Barium Carbonate
Camachem stocks Barium Carbonate in various packaging along with other industrial chemicals for sale. Contact us for a FREE quotation.