Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate
Other Trading Names:
- Magnesium Sulphate
- Epsom Salt (Heptahydrate)
- English Salt
- Bitter Salts
- Bath Salts
Types of Packaging
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
Magnesium Sulfate is a chemical compound, a salt. It is a very useful chemical compound which is made by reacting magnesite or magnesia with sulfuric acid. Its chemical formula is MgSO4.
Magnesium Sulfate has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is an odourless compound and it is soluble in water but not in ethanol.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Magnesium Sulfate is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Magnesium Sulfate is most commonly used in agriculture. It corrects soils deficient in magnesium.
- It is used to increase magnesium and sulfur content in soil.
- It is used for the treatment of lead poisoning.
- It is used in the production of bath salts. It helps soothe sore feet when used in foot baths.
- It also soothes and quickens the recovery from muscle pain, soreness, and injury.
- The salt’s main benefit is in cosmetics. It prevents the temporary skin wrinkling.
- It is also a component of the solution used in isolation tanks.
- It is used in many medicines to treat magnesium deficiency, acute and severe arrhythmias, and as a bronchodilator in the treatment of asthma.
- It is used as a brewing salt in making beer.
- It is also used as a desiccant in organic synthesis.
- It is used to make specific cements which have good binding ability and more resistance.
- It is also used to maintain the magnesium concentration in marine aquaria.
Buy Magnesium Sulfate