Sodium Bicarbonate 99%
Other Trading Names:
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Carbonate
Types of Packaging
- Plastic woven bag with PE liner with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- Plastic woven bag with PE liner with 50kg weight capacity per bag
- Plastic woven bag with PE liner with 750kg weight capacity per bag
- Plastic woven bag with PE liner with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
|Loss of Ignition %||0.15|
|Insolubility in Water %||0.02|
Sodium Bicarbonate 99% is a very useful chemical compound having the chemical formula NaHCO3. It is a salt made up of a sodium cation and a bicarbonate anion.
Sodium Bicarbonate 99% has the appearance of a white crystalline solid that is often seen in the powder form. It is odourless. It has a slightly salty and alkaline taste similar to that of washing soda.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Sodium Bicarbonate 99% is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Sodium Bicarbonate 99% is most popularly used in cooking. Its primary use in baking is as a leavening agent. It causes the expansion and rise of the batter giving it a characteristic texture.
- It is used with sourdough to make a lighter product with less acidic taste.
- In the presence of heat, it rises on its own because of thermal decomposition.
- It is used in the making of baking powder which is alkaline and unlike baking soda it does not require any acidic ingredient for activation.
- It is used in pyrotechnics. It is a major component of black stone firework.
- It is used to delay combustion reactions.
- It is used as a mild disinfectant. It has weak disinfecting properties but can be used as a fungicide for some organisms.
- It is also used as a fire extinguisher to extinguish small fires because it releases carbon dioxide.
- It is also used for the neutralisation of unwanted acid solutions or acid spills.
- It has useful medicinal and health uses. It is used for treating acid ingestion and heartburn.
- It is commonly used in personal hygiene products such as mouthwashes etc.
- It is used as a cattle feed supplement.
- It is widely used as a cleaning agent.
- It is also very useful for odour control.
Buy Sodium Bicarbonate 99%