Other Trading Names:
- Acetic Acid, Zinc Salt
- Acetic Acid, Zinc (II) Salt
- Zinc Diacetate
- Zinc (II) Acetate
- Zinc Ethanoate
Types of Packaging
- Plastic drums with 25 kg weight capacity per drum.
- Woven bag with 25 kg weight capacity per bag.
|Melting Point||237 °C|
|Density||1.735 g/cm3 at 25 °C(lit)|
Zinc Acetate is an organic compound which is categorised as an acetate salt in which zinc is the cationic element. It exists in both anhydrous and dihydrate forms. It is a very useful chemical material that is industrially produced by acetic acid’s action on zinc carbonate or zinc metal and it’s chemical formula is C4H6O4Zn.
Zinc Acetate has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is soluble in water and dilute mineral acids. However, it is insoluble in alkalis. It is a mildly toxic chemical.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Zinc Acetate or Zinc Ethanoate is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial uses. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Zinc Acetate is most commonly used in the production of dietary supplements.
- It is widely used as a food additive having the E number E650.
- It has numerous medical uses.
- It is an important ingredient in lozenges used for treating the common cold.
- Zinc acetate can also be used for the treatment of zinc deficiencies.
- It is used as a daily-use supplement to prevent the absorption of copper in the body for the treatment of Wilson’s disease.
- Zinc acetate is also applicable for use as an astringent in ointments, topical lotions, or mixed with antibiotics for the treatment of acne.
- It is popularly utilised as a topical anti itch ointment.
- It is highly effective for preservation of wood.
- It is applied as a mordant in dyeing.
- It is consumed for manufacturing glazes for painting on porcelain.
- As a reagent, it is effective in testing for albumin, tannin, urobilin, phosphate, and blood.
- It is largely consumed as a feed additive.
- It is employed as a cross linking agent for the mass production of polymers.
- It is applied in the production of adhesives and sealants.
- In the plastic industries, it is put to use in the manufacturing of plastics, plastic products, and plastic additives.
- It is well suited for use as raw material in a variety of products such as cosmetics, chemicals, and metals etc.
- It is adopted for use in the production of personal care products such as cosmetics, shampoos, perfumes, soaps, lotions, and toothpastes etc.
- It is utilised in the production of pesticides.
- It is quite suitable as a process regulator such as an activator, accelerator, oxidation agent, and reducing agent etc.
- It is consumed for the production of products for animals such as pet food and pet care products etc.
Buy Zinc Acetate