Copper Sulfate Monohydrate (CuSO4-H2O) Powder (Cu:34% min)
Other Trading Names:
- Copper(II) sulfate 1-hydrate
- Copper (II) Sulfate Monohydrate
- Sulfate Hydrate
- Copper Sulfate Hydrate
- Unicop CS
- Cupric sulfate monohydrate
Type of Packaging :
- 25 Kg woven bag
- 1000Kg jumbo bags
|Copper(Cu)||34.0% min (85.0% as CuSO4)|
Copper sulfate monohydrate is usually greyish white in color. This is its state without any water molecules in it. When it absorbs some water, it turns to blue pentahydrate crystals or granules. Both types of copper sulphate have same chemical characteristics although they differ in color and their mass. The white powder does not have any odor but is toxic when ingested.
Chemical application and strengths:
- The chemical is highly stable in neutral media and average room temperature. However, it is highly reactive with alkaline media where it decomposes and warms the alkaline material instead. The main use if the compound is a fungicidal spray on grapes, tea, coffee, cotton and cardamom. In rubber, it is sprayed from the above to control attack on the leaves.
- Copper sulfate is highly soluble in water and decomposes at high temperatures over 650 degrees Celsius. It has limited reactivity with other materials. However, it is highly reactive to aluminum and causes rapid corrosion. The high toxic quality makes copper sulfate monohydrate a good herbicide and fungicide. It is used in small concentrations as a fungicide as some fungi can withstand to elevated levels of the same. It is also used for controlling fungus in berries, grapes and melons. In this case, it is combines with sodium hydroxide.
- Where pools have been invaded by algae, moderate concentrations of copper sulfate monohydrate are used to kill the algae. It is also effective against the water snails in aquariums. Here it is used in small quantities as high quantities of the same are highly toxic to fish. It is also used for the control of invasive aquatic plants as well as getting rid of roots that get into the sewer system.
- The chemical is also a common analytical reagent in science laboratories where it used to test for proteins and reducing sugars. In the medical field, it is used for testing patients for anemia. It tests hemoglobin levels using its density. A drop of blood is dropped on a solution of a known density to check the density of the blood.