Calcium Hypochlorite 65% (Calcium Process) Tablets
Other Trading Names:
- Calcium salt
- Hypochlorous acid
- Bleaching powder
- Calcium oxychloride
Type of Packaging :
- 45 kg plastic drum packaging
- 50 kg iron drum packaging
|Effective Chlorine||65% +/- 2%|
|Water Insoluble||11% Max|
|Yearly Loss of Chlorine||10% Max|
|Granular Size||According to Client Requirements|
The chemical appears as a white or light grey powder, tablets, granules or a mixed powder. It reacts in both water and alcohol with some level of solubility. It does not have any strong odors. In addition, it melts around 100 degrees Celsius into an aqueous form.
Chemical application and strengths:
- Calcium hypochlorite is a common compound used for disinfecting drinking water. The product is usually sold with purity levels of about 65% and used as such in small quantities. It is also used for the sanitization of public swimming pools. In this case, it is mixed with other chemicals. However, it is not used together with chlorine as these two substances are highly reactive when combined. It is used as an alternative to sodium hypochlorite which is the most widely used chemical for sanitization.
- The salt is also used to enhance the haloform reaction during the production of chloroform. Chloroform is commonly used in preservation of various items and also used in small quantities in making refrigerants. A haloform reaction is a two to three stage reaction where a halogen such as bromine disproportionate to form a hypohalite.
- Calcium Hypochlorite is also used as a disinfectant where there are radioactive substances or a spill of poisonous chemicals. It reacts with many of the substances to form neutral, harmless substances that are not dangerous to people and animals. One of the other most popular use of the solution is the bleaching of fiber, cloth, wood pulp and silk.